Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default 4 more added to our mindset...

Tuesday night is a kinda get together night for me and a few friends at the ones girls mom's resturaunt,, we watch the How to Survive Disaster show on every week...
    i aas always was carrying my Cz 40-P concealed barely under a T-shirt, and the owners daughter and bartender are friends and know that i carry and have no problem with it whatsoever.
    the bartender had a friend there and introduced me to him, very nice fellow and we would chat a bit about this and that during commercial breaks, also a friend of mine was there i dont see often with one of his buddies, we all got into talking about guns because my friends buddy was just back from 8 years in California.. and we were talking about the changes that are accuring around the country..

needless to say he thought , along with my other frind and his buddy that you coudl not carry in bars and so for yadda yadda, so i start to explain how things are here in PA and went out to the truck and got some fliers to hand out to them... hopefully they wil join up but i know for sure they are going to check out the laws, because 2 of them stated that they would like to carry more often but werent sure where and when they could..

the guy from Cali started with the do you really think something is going to happen in here tonight? dont you feel safe? and that such stuff..

i stated that anything could happen at any time and that though i hope i never have to draw let alone use my weapon, that if i need to and dont have it how woudl i feel then ? being dead!! and wouldnt you know what the show was about ????

terrorists take over a shopping mall lmao so mark up 4, well 5 really she was there too.. but 3 for sure to check out the sight and hopefully join up !!
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: 4 more added to our mindset...

I hear that from my wife everytime I carry to her Gandma's new Allentown. I give her the same response: could happen anywhere at anytime and she usually rolls her eyes at me and gives up. Hopefully I'll never have to prove the point.

Nice job, rep sent
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

(Dauphin County)

yes, when i visit my mother nwo she says nothing, use to ask me why and after the same explanation everytime for a year lol she gave up..

yet still i cant carry in my best friends house.... he is a hunter and owns many guns, many more than i do anyway and still does not want it in the house.. personally i thinkits his wife but either way i respect their wishes, he has been my best friend since we were 4

(Pike County)

I caught part of that show. I would like to see how many people who have never fired an AK before, much less the one in their hand, can make a head shot in a darkend mall with a rag over the muzzle at around 40 meters, under the pressure of a situation like that.

(Schuylkill County)

(Sorry, don't mean to hijack...) I'm kind of in the same situation with my one friend. I would conceal when I would go over to his house, just because they have a 3 year old girl, and I wasn't sure how they'd react, so just out of respect, I would conceal. However, it would still show/print at times, like when I was sitting down and such. He never said anything, and I had told them that I didn't want to be caught unprotected, because you never know when or where something bad will happen. But I asked him, just out of respect last week if he minded me carrying it there, because after all, it is his home, and I want to respect his property too. Well, he said he'd talk to his wife about it. Later, he texted me and said that as much as he respects my rights, he didn't think it was necessary.. ie leave it out of the house.

Now realize, that "not going to his house" isn't really an option. I'm over there couple times a week, and we're pretty close. However, leaving it at home is also not an option... and I didn't really want to leave it in my car, because right now, it's worth about as much as my car. So I either:

a.) Get them to cave into allowing me to do it
    b.) Leave it in my car hoping nobody steals it, and nobody breaks into the house while I'm at my weakest.
    c.) Buy a snubby to conceal on me and nobody will know.

I'm kind of leaning towards c right now... I just don't know...
    III%

(Dauphin County)

i will not conceal in his home, he is my friend and there is a trust thing there...

when i get to his house i put it in the center console of my truck and lock it up.. its not a bad neihborhood so no worries there... you do what you like..
    my buddy and i have been best friends for over 37 + years and i wont betray a trust like that..

(Lancaster County)

Looks like some here unwisely gave away the "don't ask, don't tell" option.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    the guy from Cali started with the do you really think something is going to happen in here tonight? dont you feel safe? and that such stuff..

i stated that anything could happen at any time and that though i hope i never have to draw let alone use my weapon, that if i need to and dont have it how woudl i feel then ? being dead!! and wouldnt you know what the show was about ????
    Think back to any high profile shooting like Columbine, the DC sniper, or Virginia Tech. The victims nearly always say to the news camera something to the effect of 'I couldn't believe this was happening' or 'there was never any crime, I always felt safe here'. There is always a first time for something like that to happen, and you might not have a next time.

Not only that, but if you didn't feel safe someplace you wouldn't stick around, would you? If we knew when there was going to be trouble in advance, we would avoid going there in the first place.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    i will not conceal in his home, he is my friend and there is a trust thing there...

when i get to his house i put it in the center console of my truck and lock it up.. its not a bad neihborhood so no worries there... you do what you like..
    my buddy and i have been best friends for over 37 + years and i wont betray a trust like that..
    True. I left it in my car last night. I don't think anything will happen to it in that direct area, but I still feel lost without it..

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Looks like some here unwisely gave away the "don't ask, don't tell" option.
    I hope you aren't talking about me, because I'm as straight as they come.
    I like tittays..
    III%

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    (Sorry, don't mean to hijack...) I'm kind of in the same situation with my one friend. I would conceal when I would go over to his house, just because they have a 3 year old girl, and I wasn't sure how they'd react, so just out of respect, I would conceal. However, it would still show/print at times, like when I was sitting down and such. He never said anything, and I had told them that I didn't want to be caught unprotected, because you never know when or where something bad will happen. But I asked him, just out of respect last week if he minded me carrying it there, because after all, it is his home, and I want to respect his property too. Well, he said he'd talk to his wife about it. Later, he texted me and said that as much as he respects my rights, he didn't think it was necessary.. ie leave it out of the house.

Now realize, that "not going to his house" isn't really an option. I'm over there couple times a week, and we're pretty close. However, leaving it at home is also not an option... and I didn't really want to leave it in my car, because right now, it's worth about as much as my car. So I either:

a.) Get them to cave into allowing me to do it
    b.) Leave it in my car hoping nobody steals it, and nobody breaks into the house while I'm at my weakest.
    c.) Buy a snubby to conceal on me and nobody will know.

I'm kind of leaning towards c right now... I just don't know...

Cheap car? or really expensive gun?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast