Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Traded for a Czech .22lr training rifle, can anyone give me more info on this?

Was at a local flea market this morning and a guy had a few milsurps at his table including this neat little Czech single shot .22lr training rifle (he also had a Turkish Mauser for $175 that I was tempted to buy but the bore looked really iffy). Anyway, he had $110 on this rifle and was telling me how he collected Mosins. On a whim, I offered to trade him a hex Mosin I bought for $100 a few months back that's been collecting dust. He accepted and I ran home to get the Mosin to trade. I'd rather get rid of a $100 gun that I don't shoot than drop $100 in cash on a gun I don't know much about. How did I do as far as trade goes?

Anyway, looks like this gun was made by BRNO. It has an import mark from Century Arms under the barrel. Bore is very nice and stock is in great shape.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Traded for a Czech .22lr training rifle, can anyone give me more info on this?

Looks like a "garden gun" ZKM meant for plinking the most foul garden pests. $100 is prolly fair but a Hex Mosin is worth more than the CZ, But as long as your happy. Let us know whow it shoots and if you need to move it along,

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Traded for a Czech .22lr training rifle, can anyone give me more info on this?

Well, I paid $100 for the hex Mosin I traded, and it had a pretty dark bore and no accessories, so I think I did alright then.

The gun has the potential to be a good shooter, but the front sight needs drifted to the left and possibly needs the front sight blade ground down. It shoots about 6" low with the rear sight raised the entire way and way to the left at 25 yards
    Last edited by afultz075; June 25th, 2011 at 01:31 AM.