Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Snub Nose Revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by buster2209 View Post
    There's a dick born every minute!! I have my discharge papers, which I guess would be easy to forge. What I do have is an Iraq war medal with my name and number engraved on it. They're pretty hard to come by......
    Some places will take a DD-214 (US military record) as proof of firearms training. I think Florida even accepts that for a concealed carry permit. I don't know how far you'll get with a British version, but I don't think it will be necessary. AFAIK Classic will rent to people who bring their own firearms. I guess it's some kind of liability thing and to screen out people who have never shot before but think they know what to do from watching TV.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by buster2209 View Post
    I thinks that's my game plan from here, I can only tell which is the best by feel and firing - it's what made up my mind to buy my SR9.
    Let me know if you have a hard time finding an LCR to shoot. If you can get up to the Lansdale area and I can find the time, I'll let you send a few rounds down range with mine at the indoor range at my club.

(Montgomery County)

Classic Pistol demands that you bring your own guns because they were the victim of a horrible incident two or so years ago. A woman came in without a weapon and rented one (as I understand it was a .44). She bought targets and fired a few rounds down range. She then decided to shoot herself in the head. This was all caught on video tape. It turns out the woman was a psychiatric patient. I am guessing that CP made the policy decision to only rent to people who had their own guns to avoid a similar incident. The rationale being that if you have your own, you will be less likely to use our to put in your mouth.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Classic Pistol demands that you bring your own guns because they were the victim of a horrible incident two or so years ago. A woman came in without a weapon and rented one (as I understand it was a .44). She bought targets and fired a few rounds down range. She then decided to shoot herself in the head. This was all caught on video tape. It turns out the woman was a psychiatric patient. I am guessing that CP made the policy decision to only rent to people who had their own guns to avoid a similar incident. The rationale being that if you have your own, you will be less likely to use our to put in your mouth.
    That certainly makes sense.

(Lackawanna County)

And don't forget the woman in Orlando, FL who went to a shooting range with her son, rented a gun, shot his son in the back of the head and then killed herself.
    http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-woman-sho...,2286875.story

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Flake View Post
    And don't forget the woman in Orlando, FL who went to a shooting range with her son, rented a gun, shot his son in the back of the head and then killed herself.
    http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-woman-sho...,2286875.story
    Right, that's it, ban ALL guns!! I'm going to go home to England where all the nasty firearms are illegal and sit in a corner sucking my thumb quietly sobbing for my mummy!!

(Bucks County)

And now we know why you came to the US!

Dan

(Northampton County)

I have Tauras 357 2 1/2 in barrel, I hate it, i have it for summer carry becuse it was cheap and small. I have shot the LCR, not a big fan. I hate these small guns. Try practicing with a 2 in barrel 357, it is not fun to shoot after the first two cylinders. I think if you are going to carry it you should practice with it at least more than twice a year. I can only image what that Smith lightwieght 357 must be like to shoot. I am glad it is colder so I can once again carry my 4 in. XD.

Steve, do you ever rock a Tyler T-grip? I have been thinking about putting one on my 342PD. That, and maybe Mag-na-porting it and a trigger job are on my list. Do you always get a lighter trigger when they come back from a trigger job? Mine is very heavy and I want to keep it that way.

(Montgomery County)

I have not yet rocked a T grip, yet. I still have the stock grips on my 642 and they suit me just fine thus far. I will have to check out the T grip because so many swear by them.

You can leave the trigger pull weight exactly as it is, I did on my 642 when it had its action job. The big difference is smoothing out the effort and feeling of the trigger. John Robinson at Classic Pistol did the action job on my 642 and it is damn near uniform for the entire pull. He eliminated the small amount of grit in the first segment of the trigger. Getting an action job on a revolver can be like getting a new gun. The chamfering of the charge holes makes for quicker and easier reloading/speed loading.

I was never a fan of magna porting, but if that is what you want go for it. I use federal premium 110 grain low recoil standard pressure loads in .38 special of defense. I will be switching to Hornady critical defense after I get to shoot some.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345