Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dutch Wonderland

I was there last month (Sept '09) and they only had some security out front checking bags for food and drinks. They didn't have any walk through metal detectors or even the hand held ones that I could see. I didn't take my glock because I wasn't sure if they had metal detectors or not before I went.

My 5 year old loved the rides. Nice park, not too busy. I have relatives in Lancaster so we stay with them and hit Dutchwonderland once a year.

(Luzerne County)

Headed there next week, any one been there since 2009?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    ...there are the true Americans that believe man can govern him/her self. They believe that ingenuity, integrity, hard work, morals and values have merit. That the government is accountable to the people and not the other way around.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by pdougc View Post
    Headed there next week, any one been there since 2009?
    Sorry can't help ya, I've lived here since '77 and I've never been to it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Luzerne County)

The logic of some people is...well...uh...

Off the Dutch Wonderland website:

"All of the following are strictly prohibited items which will (minimally) subject the guest to immediate ejection without refund, and which (where appropriate) may result in the Park contacting authorities for law enforcement action, and holding the guest at the Park to await the authorities. Park reserves the right at all times to conduct Bag Checks (and to utilize other security measures, such as metal detectors), and to refuse entry (without refund) to anyone refusing a thorough bag check or to comply with other security measures.

Weaponry of any kind is strictly prohibited at the park, including without limitation in parked cars, concealed on one’s person, or carried in bags, including without limitation: Firearms"

Then under Security:

"The Park strives to make your experience a happy one, in all respects. Unfortunately, there is no way that we can erase the wicked intent of some people. Therefore, please understand that the Park cannot, and does not, guarantee your personal security or that of your personal property (even if placed in a locker), and in no event will the Park be held liable for your lost, stolen or damaged possessions. If you need to store your possessions, ask the Park about lockers. If you have loose items while wanting to go on a ride, please have a friend or family member hold them or put such possessions in a locker.

It is the unfortunate truth that at any amusement park, or at any place in society, no amount of security can prevent people from acting in a criminal manner if they are intent on so acting. The Park can only try to reasonably watch over the premises and the people therein, and respond in a professional manner to any security threat or incident.

If you experience a security issue, please notify Park staff; we are here to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    ...there are the true Americans that believe man can govern him/her self. They believe that ingenuity, integrity, hard work, morals and values have merit. That the government is accountable to the people and not the other way around.

(York County)

^^^^^^^

Very eloquent....they should just say:
    "You can't and we won't"

(Delaware County)

Was here today, they have a security person looking in bags, but no frisking, nor wands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12