Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Is the Handgunner in Topton the cheapest shop for transfers in my area?

I've FINALLY decided on which 9mm pistol I'm going to buy. It will be the Sig Pro 2022:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/14902

Does the Handgunner still do transfers for $15? I'll definitely give him a call on monday, but I thought I'd ask here for a faster response. Has he increased his transfer fee? In case you were wondering, I live in Emmaus. Is there an even cheaper gun shop for transfer? Or is the handgunner my best bet?

Default Re: Is the Handgunner in Topton the cheapest shop for transfers in my area?

I have no idea what the current price is for transfers is at the Handgunner, but you won't be able to call him until Wednesday. If you can't wait, check out Eagle Arms. They are open on Mondays.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Is the Handgunner in Topton the cheapest shop for transfers in my area?

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I have no idea what the current price is for transfers is at the Handgunner, but you won't be able to call him until Wednesday. If you can't wait, check out Eagle Arms. They are open on Mondays.
    They charge $40 for a transfer. There's no way I'm paying that much for a service that should only cost half as much. How do you know that the Handgunner owner will be out until Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by etep513 View Post
    They charge $40 for a transfer. There's no way I'm paying that much for a service that should only cost half as much. How do you know that the Handgunner owner will be out until Wednesday?
    Because his shop is only open Wed - Sat. It has been a few years since I did a transfer at Eagle Arms, but it wasn't that much by a long shot. Maybe things have changed.

ETA: A service is priced at whatever a provider feels he can get. I do not endorse or complain, I either use it or not, depending on several variables.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Because his shop is only open Wed - Sat. It has been a few years since I did a transfer at Eagle Arms, but it wasn't that much by a long shot. Maybe things have changed.

ETA: A service is priced at whatever a provider feels he can get. I do not endorse or complain, I either use it or not, depending on several variables.
    Ok, then I'll call him first thing in the morning on Wednesday.

I called eagle arms a few months back and they said that they charge $40 for transfers. I doubt that they decreased the amount. I understand what you're saying about free market and I agree. I'm just going to go to a cheaper shop.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by etep513 View Post
    I've FINALLY decided on which 9mm pistol I'm going to buy. It will be the Sig Pro 2022:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/14902
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammo. I was getting pretty annoyed with you

Carry her in good health. Let me shoot it sometime.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammo. I was getting pretty annoyed with you

Carry her in good health. Let me shoot it sometime.
    Lol, I don't have it yet. I'm just asking about shops with the lowest transfer fees. I'm going to call the handgunner in topton this wednesday about doing a transfer. I'm going to order one online and have it shipped to a local shop very soon. I also posted an add in the classified section. I'm not going to wait on that add for very long. If someone contacts me with a good offer before Wednesday, I'll buy it from them. If not, I'll order online.

BTW, do you know if the handgunner in Topton has the cheapest transfer fees in the area? Or is there another shop that has better rates?

(Lehigh County)

Check out Precision Armaments in Slatington for a transfer. www.precisionarmaments.com

(Lehigh County)

Since your in emmaus did you ask golden trigger On a more serious note army navy only charges $25 which is not too bad all things considered.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer211 View Post
    Since your in emmaus did you ask golden trigger On a more serious note army navy only charges $25 which is not too bad all things considered.
    Yes, and their transfer fees are really high.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast