Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default EAA Zastava M88 9mm Pistol

For some reason, I'm interested in picking one of these up. They are ugly (in my opinion, anyway), but I'd like to add one to my collection. Anyone ever see one, shoot one, own one? Curious if they are reliable, really don't expect much in the way of accuracy or a decent trigger. I've never seen one at the dealers I frequent or at gun shows, anyone see one for sale?
    Thanks!

Default Re: EAA Zastava M88 9mm Pistol

Im interested in these myself. It's based on the T-33 Tokarev, which is based on a J.M.B. design (IIRC). I think I saw an EAA add in Shotgun News or the Blue Press that said the MSRP is under $300. Never saw one in person, tho.

(Cumberland County)

Haven't seen the M88, but my gun dealer just got an EZ9 in and it's a really nice looking gun ! Actually seems pretty well made ! Hey, the Springfield XD started as an Croatian gun, so why not Serbia

(Cumberland County)

By the way, $ 263 for an M88 on gunbroker !

(Dauphin County)

I've been wanting one for a long time. It is on my list.

I have heard only good things about them. I mean, I wouldn't expect it to be the nicest or smoothest pistol. I am looking to get one as a truck pistol or something I can throw around and not worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    I've been wanting one for a long time. It is on my list.

I have heard only good things about them. I mean, I wouldn't expect it to be the nicest or smoothest pistol. I am looking to get one as a truck pistol or something I can throw around and not worry about.
    I was thinking the same thing!

(Cumberland County)

Even lower at Buds on line - $ 239 !

(Allegheny County)

There was one of these at the Show this weekend and also at Greensburg. George's Ent. had one and they wanted $259.00 for it. I almost bit but decided not to because I really don't need another 9mm. They are very thin like the Tok's, not the best finish on them but not bad. The one thing that bothered me was the takedown clip (like to Tokarev) was very loose and looked like it would fall off instantly. After I left there I did a google for reviews on them and they are not that good. Basically the saying is if you want a sub $300 gun that you can carry and not worry about, this may be an ok choice but nothing special.

I heard that they are also making them in 40 S&W. That may interest me more but I still don't think I'm gonna bite. Save my money and get something with better quality. My opinion :-)

just bought one for 260 nib. had to haggle for that price. dam gun prices in oregon are higher than most that i hear online. havent shot it yet but it feels good in my hands. I'm 5'5" and my hands are small so it fits pretty perfect. ill take it to the range and see how it performs.

(Allegheny County)

Smile Re: EAA Zastava M88 9mm Pistol

I may be a little late, however I have an excellent M88 that I would be willing to depart with. I have fired it at the range less than one box of ammo. I love this little thing. You can find extra mags all over the internet. I just no longer have use for it as I have bought more handguns with laser sights built in. The M88 is accurate, for me I am qualified as an expert with old M1911. That is an awesome weapon. I will part with it for $200. Please feel free to contact me. After reading other post I have noticed that NO local shops have the M88. Owners are fascinated by its remarkable comparison to the the Tokarov. But it, The Tokarov was built in China and Russia. The Pistol grips on the Zastava give it away as copy. This is a nice piece, actually you better hurry, I am starting to rethink my rare handgun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast