Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Local sources for CZs?

I have decided I want a CZ. I am torn about which one though. I really like the compact 75D, but I also like the 75 in .40. What I want is the compact in .40 w/ a decocker, although the P-01 intrigues me too.

Can you tell I can't make up my mind?

Anyway, does anyone know of a fairly local, to Lancaster Co., source that might stock a couple of the CZ models? I would like to handle a couple before I purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Local sources for CZs?

Quote Originally Posted by K9346 View Post
    I have decided I want a CZ. I am torn about which one though. I really like the compact 75D, but I also like the 75 in .40. What I want is the compact in .40 w/ a decocker, although the P-01 intrigues me too.

Can you tell I can't make up my mind?

Anyway, does anyone know of a fairly local, to Lancaster Co., source that might stock a couple of the CZ models? I would like to handle a couple before I purchase.

Thanks in advance.
    I would call Backwoods Outfitters - 2421 Ironville Pike, Columbia, PA - (717) 684-2017

or Trout Run Sports - 438 N Reading Rd, Ephrata, PA - (717) 738-2525

or Trop Gun Shop (I think they're over priced, but they usually have a good selection) - 709 Cloverleaf Rd, Elizabethtown, PA - (717) 367-5585

None of those shops are guaranteed to have them in stock, but those are shops I stop in on a regular basis.

The other thing you might want to check out are the gun shows.

I'm in Ephrata, send me a PM if you find something you like, I've been thinking about those as well.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jtkratzer View Post
    I would call Backwoods Outfitters - 2421 Ironville Pike, Columbia, PA - (717) 684-2017

or Trout Run Sports - 438 N Reading Rd, Ephrata, PA - (717) 738-2525

or Trop Gun Shop (I think they're over priced, but they usually have a good selection) - 709 Cloverleaf Rd, Elizabethtown, PA - (717) 367-5585

None of those shops are guaranteed to have them in stock, but those are shops I stop in on a regular basis.

The other thing you might want to check out are the gun shows.

I'm in Ephrata, send me a PM if you find something you like, I've been thinking about those as well.

Well now, I am just a little North of you in Denver, and I will PM you if I find anything. I've been to Trout Run, it's been awhile, so I will check back. Think I will check New Holland Sportsman's also, I think that's the name.

I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure to save me a little time. I wonder if Shyda's carry CZs, anyone?

(Allegheny County)

Thanks in advance.
    If you want a .40 compact with a decocker, check out the new P-06. Think of it as a P-01 except in .40cal., 10+1 capacity. I personally haven't seen one yet, but they are out there: http://p201.ezboard.com/P06-for-sale...cID=1665.topic

(Lancaster County)

Wink Re: Local sources for CZs?

Quote Originally Posted by dirksterg30 View Post
    If you want a .40 compact with a decocker, check out the new P-06. Think of it as a P-01 except in .40cal., 10+1 capacity. I personally haven't seen one yet, but they are out there: http://p201.ezboard.com/P06-for-sale...cID=1665.topic

Yeah, I saw that one and it intrigues me! I would like to handle one first though. I would more than likely purchase over the internet, but need to finger one locally first.

(Berks County)

Shyda's in Lebonon is a CZ dealer.

Shyda's had the P-01 the last time I was in the shop. The P-01 with the rubber grips fit very well in my hands. The best fit out of every pistol I have ever handled. The only complaint I have is that CZ's CS sucks big time. The trigger return spring broke on my P 01 and it was such a PITA to get it resolved. The decocker isn't for everyone, so make sure you want it before you buy the P 01. I also owned the CZ compact which has a safety over the decocker.

A way to decide might be to look at ammo prices and determine that 9mm is much cheaper to shoot compared to 40 S&W. That could mean more range time with your new purchase, so keep that in mind.

There are some OD P 01 floating around, if you want something more exotic.

(Bucks County)

enck's gun barn - he had them when i was in there 2 weeks ago.........
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

Enck's is one I forgot about. I haven't been there yet, but my brother-in-law told me about it. I wasn't thrilled with the service at Shyda's. The Sportsman's Shop (the one in New Holland seemed over priced.) When you finally do decide on which one you want, give the guys at Trout Run a call. They found an XD45 compact NIB at an excellent price for me. Better than the price of the big internet dealers.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Shyda's had the P-01 the last time I was in the shop. The P-01 with the rubber grips fit very well in my hands. The best fit out of every pistol I have ever handled. The only complaint I have is that CZ's CS sucks big time. The trigger return spring broke on my P 01 and it was such a PITA to get it resolved. The decocker isn't for everyone, so make sure you want it before you buy the P 01. I also owned the CZ compact which has a safety over the decocker.

A way to decide might be to look at ammo prices and determine that 9mm is much cheaper to shoot compared to 40 S&W. That could mean more range time with your new purchase, so keep that in mind.

There are some OD P 01 floating around, if you want something more exotic.
    Aubie- When you say it has the safety over the de-cocker, do you mean instead of? I just want to make sure there is not a model I am missing. I am aware of the difference and I prefer to have the de-cocker with no safety, as opposed to being able to carry it C&L.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I will definately check w/ Trout Run.

I think I am definately leaning towards either the P-01 or the new P-06 in .40. There is one on Gunbroker, but that's the only one I have come across. 9mm is a lot cheaper though. Decisions, decisions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast