Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default CO. man had enough of multiple burglaries

I don't really agree with his chasing the guy out of the house and shooting in the dark but I can understand his frustration. The link shows the actual video where you can see the guy break in, leave with some of the guys firearms then the homeowner chase him out of the house firing at him.

http://kdka.com/watercooler/intruder...2.1236288.html

Man Shoots At Brazen Burglar After 4th Break-In
    ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS) ―

A Colorado homeowner has had enough. Last Thursday he fired shots at a burglar who has invaded his home at least four times. Now he's sharing video of the intruder caught in the act.

Detectives with the Adams County Sheriff's Department would rather he let them handle the case, but Guy Sitzman says he is fed up.

"I haven't locked the doors or the windows for 7 years. This one guy isn't going to change that," Sitzman said.

Last month he bought a security system after the burglar stole a computer, cell phones, cash and more from his home in the Sherrelwood neighborhood. Just days after the cameras were installed the man was back looking to break-in while Sitzman and his wife slept.

"This guy is dangerous," Sitzman said.

Sitzman put up flyers taunting the intruder. Then last Thursday both were surprised. Sitzman was watching security video and saw that the man had been there earlier trying to pry open a window with a hunting knife. As the video ran out Sitzman realized the brazen burglar was in his house.

"As soon as it hit live video that's when he was walking out my back door with my loaded guns in his hands," Sitzman said. "I got so mad that I grabbed my gun and ran around the corner from my garage and chased him into the corner of my house and shot at him."

Sitzman fired two shots then called 911. Now he's launching a one-man campaign to catch the crook.

"If I ended up getting in trouble for shooting this guy and killing him so be it. This guy is dangerous," he said.

Detectives would like Sitzman to let them do the investigating.

"You're firing indiscriminately into the dark. Anybody in the area is in danger," said Candi Baker, spokeswoman for the sheriff's department.

Sitzman doesn't intend to wait. He has been preparing flyers featuring pictures of the crook. He calls him a dangerous peeping tom and a thief and he urges people to be on the lookout and call 911.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: CO. man had enough of multiple burglaries

"I haven't locked the doors or the windows for 7 years. This one guy isn't going to change that," Sitzman said.
    Did I read this right? He leaves his house open and unlocked, then wonders why he's getting robbed multiple times?

You SIR, are a moron AND an idiot.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Elk County)

First, I remember when I was a kid we use to leave our door unlocked at night (very small town at the corner of no and where). Nowadays everyone locks their door at night, it is the nature of the environment we live in right now. Second, if some guy climbs through my windows in the middle of the night with a hunting knife he would likely be leaving with some new and exciting holes. Even if we don't really have the law here yet, a man's home is his castle. Still you don't chase the guy outside your house and fire at him as he is running away; not safe for you, not safe for the neighbors.

I respect this guys tenacity, but he should be more careful.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Did I read this right? He leaves his house open and unlocked, then wonders why he's getting robbed multiple times?

You SIR, are a moron AND an idiot.
    I dont lock my truck at all, anywhere. mainly because I cant find my door key.. But that doesnt give someone the right to open my doors, root around, and steal it.

You have the right to not lock your doors if you dont want to, but your statement kinda sounds like he deserves to be robbed, I dont see how thats so.
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Strapped View Post
    You have the right to not lock your doors if you dont want to, but your statement kinda sounds like he deserves to be robbed, I dont see how thats so.
    I agree but...
    When you're home has been invaded "at least 4 times."
    And you run outside chasing and shooting....
    and make comments like "If I ended up getting in trouble for shooting this guy and killing him so be it"

You're just asking for a jury to not look at you as a victim.

(Philadelphia County)

I dont lock my truck at all, anywhere. mainly because I cant find my door key.. But that doesnt give someone the right to open my doors, root around, and steal it.

I don't think he deserved it, and I never said the burglar had the right to take whats not his. So lets not put words on my mouth.

I stand by what I said. He got burglarized THREE times, yet he still refuses to lock his doors and windows.

That's just stupid and moronic, any way you look at it. There is not much debate here on this.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    I agree but...
    When you're home has been invaded "at least 4 times."
    And you run outside chasing and shooting....
    and make comments like "If I ended up getting in trouble for shooting this guy and killing him so be it"

You're just asking for a jury to not look at you as a victim.
    Yeah, that part wasnst very bright on his part..

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    I don't think he deserved it, and I never said the burglar had the right to take whats not his. So lets not put words on my mouth.

I stand by what I said. He got burglarized THREE times, yet he still refuses to lock his doors and windows.

That's just stupid and moronic, any way you look at it. There is not much debate here on this.
    Being trusting does make you stupid or moronic.
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Mercer County)

Detectives would like Sitzman to let them do the investigating.
    It sounds like the guy has done far more on his own than the detectives. No wonder he's frustrated.
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Allegheny County)

the guy doesn't deserve to be robbed. but he is an idiot with his head buried in the sand...we live in the real world, not some fantasy land utopia where you can ignore the need to lock you doors and windows. you have the right to not lock them, but you cannot change the reality of the risk you run by not doing so.

also, unless this guy lives miles from the closest neighbor, his neighbors don't deserve to have his bullets flying around them either. if he is going to shoot the bad guy, he should shoot the bad guy...not shoot in the direction of the bad guy.

this guy is a poster child for the gun control crowd.
    F*S=k

(Montgomery County)

Being trusting does make you stupid or moronic.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Get burgled 4 times and still doesn't lock up? Definitely an idiot. Personal responsibility works for and against. He's not taking his self-defense seriously, so why should anyone else?

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast