Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Thumbs down Allegheny Trade Company

Allegheny Trade Company in Duncansville, PA is a shop where I will no longer spend my money.

A friend of mine went there looking to buy a pistol and was told by a salesperson that the company does not sell guns on Fridays.

This friend is dark skinned, and has tattoos on his hands.

While I respect the right of any business to refuse service to anyone for any reason that they choose, I am aware that in this case the organization refused service to my friend based on racial profiling. Thus I respect my right not to patronize the establishment, and my right to recommend that others not spend money there.

The person that was refused service is not a 'yo-boy-gangsta' by any means, and the fact that they refused him service leads me to seriously question the decision making abilities of the staff in the organization.

Even if he was 'gangsta' the Second Amendment applies equally to all citizens regardless of race, creed or religion... Regardless of tattoos, fashion choices or cultural dispositions. If Allegheny Trade Co chooses not to respect the fact that the Second Amendment applies to all of us equally I have no interest in spending my money there, and I hope you feel the same way.

The PICS and NICS systems are fully capable of determining if someone has proven themselves to be unsuitable for firearms ownership. If the people at Allegheny Trade Company believe that their ability to judge someone by the way they look is superior to judging someone based on their actions, I have no interest in dealing with their organization.

I believe that people are innocent until proven guilty, and if the people at Allegheny Trade Company don't understand that concept, they are not friends of the US Constitution, they have poor decision making abilities and they do not deserve the hard earned dollars of myself or anyone else.

I am seriously disappointed in the actions of the representative of that organization. It reflects poorly on Allegheny Trade Company and on lawful firearms owners in general. I have no tolerance for this kind of behavior and as such will not support it with my money, and will continue to encourage others to do the same.
    Last edited by Carnes; October 9th, 2009 at 02:29 AM.

(York County)

Default Re: Allegheny Trade Company

Maybe they were cut off the "PICS" for being late with a report and couldn't run a background check? It happens.

Was anyone else there buying a gun??

No dog in this, just saying.
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

(Cambria County)

Had somewhat the same experience a year or so ago . Thought it was just a dumb policy of the owners .
    DAN

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughguns View Post
    Had somewhat the same experience a year or so ago . Thought it was just a dumb policy of the owners .
    Could you elaborate?
    I mean, if you were also turned away "because it was Friday", well, I think you can see what I'm getting at.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Being today is Friday, someone could just call 'em and ask if they can stop by and buy a gun today and see what they say about taking in $1000 or so (gun, ammo, etc.)

(Cambria County)

I should have said in the OP that I've shopped there before and ATC does indeed sell guns on Fridays. For 'some' reason, they decided that they would not sell guns on Friday for 'this' person. I've been in ATC a number of times and spent good money there. I know the exact reason they chose not to sell guns on Fridays for that individual, and I won't support that type of behavior.

I'm pretty strict about the 2A applying to everyone equally so long as they have not proven themselves to be untrustworthy. FWIW, I also refuse to patronize stores that restrict sales of certain products to LEO only, even though the products are perfectly legal for non-LEO to own. But that is the topic of another thread.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I should have said in the OP that I've shopped there before and ATC does indeed sell guns on Fridays. For 'some' reason, they decided that they would not sell guns on Friday for 'this' person. I've been in ATC a number of times and spent good money there. I know the exact reason they chose not to sell guns on Fridays for that individual, and I won't support that type of behavior.
    well, i won't be shopping there either...not that i likely ever would have anyway.
    F*S=k

(Bucks County)

maybe you ought to go in there and buy a gun today and then you and your friend visit an attorney and see if it's possible to sue them for discrimination

(Blair County)

Knowing the guys I have to ask...

It wasn't another local shop and the person in question got the name confused?

I'm not trying to dispute anything but it just seems out of character to me.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Could you elaborate?
    I mean, if you were also turned away "because it was Friday", well, I think you can see what I'm getting at.
    My friend was told it was to late in the day to do the paperwork come back some other time ( between 2:30 - 3:00 and I'm pretty sure they close at 6:00 on friday ) . My friend sorta looks like well lets say he's dark , 6'6" , and wears a leather vest and many tats .
    DAN

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast