Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Re: Allegheny Trade Company

well Carnes that post i made had nothing to do with your friend i posted that they got their pics in the New'' glock annual i said congrats to them you are bring up old news not me

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrGlock45 View Post
    I have lived in this area for 20 yrs, and have known and dealt with both the owners during the past 30 yrs. I can't affirm or deny what you say happened to your friend there, since I wasn't in the store at that time in question. I only know that I have been in the store on many occasions over the yrs. and have never witnessed any bias against a person of color, be it Hispanic or African American. I have never had anything but a good friendship with the owners over the yrs., they are very knowledgable about guns and gun related equipment. I have witnessed them selling a no. of weapons off the rack at a lower cost than what it would cost them to replace them. In other words, just because the cost to replace it went up, they still sold it at the retail price they had set on it based on what that particular gun cost them. I have noticed prices have gone up quite a bit over the past yr., but they are only a small shop and can't purchase at huge discounts like the bigger stores do, so I'm sure that has been a major reason for the higher prices. Again, I am not saying anything to contradict what you said occurred to your friend, just that having known Mark and Chuck for 30 yrs. I find it hard to believe.
    As always, stay safe.
    Look at their ammo, there are price tags on top of price tags on top of pricetags. One Item in particular....4 to 5 years ago they got a large order of .40 ranger ammo for a customer who didnt come back for it. They were selling it for 17.99 a box...they still have some left it has at least 4 price tags on it and is up to 27.99. the guns are priced horribly...same with the surplus items....between the prices and the fact that if there are more then 3 people in the store you cant move I rarely go in there anymore even though I drive by it twice a day.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Lobo 00 View Post
    well Carnes that post i made had nothing to do with your friend i posted that they got their pics in the New'' glock annual i said congrats to them you are bring up old news not me
    You dug up the negative thread. If you're posting about a magazine article that would be off topic since it doesn't touch on the service at the store.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Blair County)

i thought it was where to buy as well not buy i posted something postive

(Blair County)

As I said in my earlier response, I was talking of what I have personally witnessed. I will stand by what I stated concerning Mark and Chuck selling guns at the prices they had on them. (Not raising them even though their replacement costs were considerably higher.)
    I have no idea about the ammo that was purchased years ago and has had several price stickers added to the original one.
    If you check most local gun shops when their replacement costs go up they raise the in stock items to make a little more on it.
    It's your choice whether you wish to frequent their store and buy anything in there or not. I try to give them some business whenever I can. I have known them for 30 yrs now, and respect both of them and their knowledge.
    Have a nice day, and stay safe.
    NRA, USCCA, GT, GSSF, DC, PAFOA, AGO, DH

(Blair County)

Just because this post shows up when you google them to find the phone number, its worth noting that this gun store has changed ownership at least a year ago. The new owner is great, prices are better, and there is less gab sessions.

(Elk County)

^^^ What Edg said. ^^^

I was a customer there since they opened. Chuck ALWAYS treated me well; Mark, not so much. He couldn't stop flapping his gums long enough to handle a paying customer, and he had a line of shit about everything. I just never got a comfortable feeling about Mark's veracity. Chuck seemed more a straight shooter. Still, it didn't prevent me from spending $1000s there over 35 years or so.

The new ownership is great, and very attentive to customers.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; September 8th, 2017 at 11:47 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

I hope it was never remodeled.
    Not that it matters because I'm too far away now, but that place is/was what I think of when I think of a "gun shop" because it's the place I tagged along to as a kid.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I hope it was never remodeled.
    Not that it matters because I'm too far away now, but that place is/was what I think of when I think of a "gun shop" because it's the place I tagged along to as a kid.
    Agreed. I liked the jack-o-lope, bat, and heavy machine guns.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    Agreed. I liked the jack-o-lope, bat, and heavy machine guns.
    Yup it's still the same inside. Jack o lopes, largest bat in the county and the other odds and ends.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast