Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Elk County)

Default Re: Allegheny Trade Company

I bought many guns there, and sold a few to Chuck since 1977. I only buy there if the price is right, and sell there if the price is right.

My complaints:

1) The focus on "shooting the bull" as opposed to helping a customer. I get tired of standing there listening to someone's opinion when I'd like to see a particular firearm I may be interested in purchasing.

1a) Under "shooting the bull", I don't appreciate the BS story behind some of the merchandise. I looked at an M1A once that Mark represented to me as having been built by some USMC armorer at Quantico. I asked to remove barreled action from the stock and was given permission. Having been a 2111 and having rotated through Quantico, that story was exactly that -- a story. The peek inside told me all I needed to know. I thanked him and handed the M1A back to him.

2) The high prices on guns.

Noah

(Blair County)

I woulda believed this about the similarly named gunshop in the area. Seems odd for these guys, but their prices are too high anyhow so I wouldnt buy a gun from them anyhow.

(Blair County)

Well I'll tell you this you and your friend are full of it I know those guys there for years and all you are doing is trying to start trouble i know mark and chuck personally and that is not the way they are it is always some bull racial thing when a black person don't get what they want well guess what everyone is treated the same if you don't like it don't go bck to the store hell stay out of Duncansville w don't want your trouble making ### around here

(Dauphin County)

I have been there nice people for sure prices in general are pretty high though and transfer fee is 40 I believe which is also high. Good people though no denying that.

(Cambria County)

So it looks as though the OP is looking at this from a racial point of view. Does the fella look a little shady otherwise regardless of his tan? Not that its right to judge on shady looks ( otherwise lawyers and car salesmen would be SOL ) but Is it wrong of a buisness to choose his customers ? Don't they have the right to deny service to anyone ?
    If I worked the counter at a gun shop and had someone looking like they just crawled outta a ditch and pulled the needle outta their arm ( black or white ) I wouldn't sell guns on that day either.
    No offense meant just a question and a different perspective.

(Blair County)

ok as i have known both of these guys since they opened their shop i believe someone is trying to start up something i never saw them not treat a person with respect in there and too the O.P. about his black friend there has to be more to that story as that is not their way. so sorry for your bad time there all i can say is go somewhere else

(Blair County)

congrats to Allegheny Trade Co. for being in the new Glock Annual nice to see Massad A. included Mark &Chuck in his article GREAT PICTURES GUYS!!!!

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Lobo 00 View Post
    congrats to Allegheny Trade Co. for being in the new Glock Annual nice to see Massad A. included Mark &Chuck in his article GREAT PICTURES GUYS!!!!
    Not a Glock guy (Springfield!) but that is cool! Congratulations Massad is a class act!!! And so are Mark and Chuck IMHO!!
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Lobo 00 View Post
    This thread is old, leave it die and get buried in the expanse of the interwebs.

Posting in this thread is just bad publicity for ATC. If you want to do them some good, start a new thread and talk about how great they are there.

Mods feel free to delete the whole thread. The event happened years ago and I have not heard of anything similar since. I don't care to press the issue.

(Monroe County)

Yeah , a black man can go fight wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and carry fully automatic weapons and kill and maim other dark skinned people who looks like him but in his country some ignorant red neck counter boy can refused to sell him a gun? Some friend of the constitution they are.

Carnres, thanks for posting this. I too will not tolerate this kind of behavior from ANY race of Americans.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast