Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Allegheny Trade Company

Eh, I've seen shops outright say "i hate selling guns to 'x' people - Every call I get from the police about a gun is from one of them. I don't get calls about white folk"

A lot of those guys are set in their ways old timers, but they still sell guns to anyone who wants to buy one. They're just rude behind the persons back...ya know? The american way.

I don't always judge a book by it's cover but I do question how you're going to safely carry the pistol you're asking about carrying with you pants around your knees....and I see plenty of idiots of all shapes, sizes and colors sporting that look.

(Northumberland County)

I stopped by when I was at a conference in Altoona a few weeks ago - I looked at an M1A he wanted 2K for, and then tried to sell me one of the chinese metal soft as cookie dough copies for like 1400 - and told me it was a good deal "for these times."
    Also looked at an 03-a3 - he wanted over 1K dollars.
    I walked out and thanked him.

Never again - his prices were NUTS.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Blair County)

Just for the record, I think all these posts are bullc**p!
    I have delt with atc for years and the owners are the most helpful polite people i've ever met.
    Get your facts straight before rambling off stories on the internet!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysause View Post
    I have delt with atc for years and the owners are the most helpful polite people i've ever met.
    Im pretty sure a first or second hand story from a reputable member carries more weight than someone with 2 posts.

Just sayin.

(Northumberland County)

I never said they werent polite or helpful, just that his prices on his M1a's and the Springfield 03a3 I was looking at were WAY overpriced.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Cambria County)

Alright then, champ, let's have it. Tell me where my facts are wrong.

You want to talk experience? Heh, my dad started taking me in there when I was a youngster, and he spent quite a bit of money there. They treated us great, and we got to check out all manner of the goodies that they have.

ATC is where I learned what a jack-o-lope is, and I've been freaked out by the enormous stuffed bat ever since I first saw it. It brings me no joy to learn, and share, that ATC (or at least someone working there) feels that their racial and cultural stereotypes are superior in selecting who should and should not have firearms than State and Federal law.

So, my question is what makes your dealings with ATC relevant to the points I made? I went into good detail with my reasons for starting this thread. If you want to refute any of them, go for it. Otherwise, thanks for the bump, I was hoping that more people would get to see this.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Im pretty sure a first or second hand story from a reputable member carries more weight than someone with 2 posts.

Just sayin.
    yep.

plus i know carnes personally. he is filled to the brim with integrity and intellectual honesty. i'll take him at his word.
    F*S=k

I've had nothing but good things dealing with them over the last 4 years.

(Cambria County)

I have used ATC numerous times when i needed an ffl dealer to do a transfer for a gun I purchased off gunbroker and had nothing but great service there. Just my own personal experience with this shop

(Blair County)

I have lived in this area for 20 yrs, and have known and dealt with both the owners during the past 30 yrs. I can't affirm or deny what you say happened to your friend there, since I wasn't in the store at that time in question. I only know that I have been in the store on many occasions over the yrs. and have never witnessed any bias against a person of color, be it Hispanic or African American. I have never had anything but a good friendship with the owners over the yrs., they are very knowledgable about guns and gun related equipment. I have witnessed them selling a no. of weapons off the rack at a lower cost than what it would cost them to replace them. In other words, just because the cost to replace it went up, they still sold it at the retail price they had set on it based on what that particular gun cost them. I have noticed prices have gone up quite a bit over the past yr., but they are only a small shop and can't purchase at huge discounts like the bigger stores do, so I'm sure that has been a major reason for the higher prices. Again, I am not saying anything to contradict what you said occurred to your friend, just that having known Mark and Chuck for 30 yrs. I find it hard to believe.
    As always, stay safe.
    NRA, USCCA, GT, GSSF, DC, PAFOA, AGO, DH

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast