Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Do You Think In PA You Should Be Able To Hunt With A Semi-Auto Weapon?

Voters
542. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

389 71.77%
  • No

126 23.25%
  • Undecided

27 4.98%
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    (York County)

Default Re: Its Time For PA To Get With The 21st Century...

Geez, these threads not only beat a dead horse, it shoots it with a semi
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

(Montgomery County)

To get ignorant paranoid hunters to wake up we should just ban hunting! It's not a right, never has been. Since they don't respect firearm rights nor their hobby or lifestyle enough to fight to make it a right and allow for firearms in terms of the second amendment, well the hell with it. And yes I'm being sarcastic but if youre so paranoid that hunters cannot be trusted with semiautomatics then WTF are you even out there?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    To get ignorant paranoid hunters to wake up we should just ban hunting! It's not a right, never has been. Since they don't respect firearm rights nor their hobby or lifestyle enough to fight to make it a right and allow for firearms in terms of the second amendment, well the hell with it. And yes I'm being sarcastic but if youre so paranoid that hunters cannot be trusted with semiautomatics then WTF are you even out there?
    Yeah that's exactly it. . .Who the hell are you to tell me I do not respect my hobby because I don't agree that semi's should be allowed for hunting? You're a troll in the hunting section of this forum, if you do not hunt, then how can you tell anyone what should and should not be regulated? Like I've said to you before, gun rights and hunting reg's are NOT the same.
    "Skin that'n pilgrim, and I'll git ya another"

(Centre County)

I voted "No." We're a nation of laws, and the more laws, the better.

(Cumberland County)

I don't hunt, but I'd assume the law is the way it is to prevent people from becoming sloppy shooters. Instead of trusting it ONE good shot placement, they don't want spray and prayer's.

So, since I don't hunt, I'm undecided and don't really care.

I'm from Maine, hunted with a semi with a 5 round limit. Don't see an issue with it.
    "If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

(Lawrence County)

You can hunt with an AR in PA... Just get a single shot lower... lol I don't care either way really...

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Delaware County)

Personally, I don't hunt. Frankly, I don't even own any firearms that are legal to hunt with in this state...I can't think of any reason I would need to.

But I will always land on the side of more freedom. Limiting technology makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch007er View Post
    Yeah that's exactly it. . .Who the hell are you to tell me I do not respect my hobby because I don't agree that semi's should be allowed for hunting? You're a troll in the hunting section of this forum, if you do not hunt, then how can you tell anyone what should and should not be regulated? Like I've said to you before, gun rights and hunting reg's are NOT the same.
    Please explain your point of view then.
    The argument that it doesn't have anything to do with gun rights keeps coming up. But if you're in support of other people's gun rights, why would you have a problem with someone hunting with a semi-auto rifle? I know guys who are surgically accurate with their AR-15's or M1A's. Same with some custom 10/22's I've seen - they'd be great squirrel rifles if they were legal. If it puts lead on target accurately and can kill game humanely, what's the problem?
    I really am wondering what the issue is here. I also see it as a gun rights issue. Seriously, I'm asking this in about as respectful of a way as I can online and not just looking to argue, but I just don't understand the objections. So please explain your point of view.
    Last edited by goon; January 19th, 2011 at 01:11 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Gun rights are not the same as hunting regulations. Hunting isn't a right but having ANY gun you want is..

I love how these people bitch about how dangerous all these hunters are with a simple bolt action rifle, to the extent that one would think they are anti-hunting. Hell if the hunters admit their are tons and tons of dangerous bolt action hunters out there, well we should just ban it altogether. Or maybe they should stop their bitching and establish it as a right with any firearm because it's only a matter of time before that door gets closed perminately. If it doesn't get into the constitution it will disappear. Oh and you better stop shooting lead! We need to limit hunting to bows and not Compound there are lots of idiots out there sweeping people with bows. Those guys are so dangerous as it is they don't need a compound bow.

These IDIOTS have no idea the shit that is going to come there way. Progun legislation is not nesaccarily prohuntng nor visa versa. Hunting is a far easier target for anti gun nuts to go after AND hunters with this type of mentality make it very easy pickings....

Quote Originally Posted by Arch007er View Post

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324