Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default modern full size .32 auto

So I was thinking about this, are they any modern full size guns chambered in .32 auto (7.65 mm)?

If a double stack magazine can hold about 16 - 9mm cartridges, then with some math the same magazine could hold about 18 or 19 - .32 Auto cartridges, maybe more depending on design of the magazine.

While I'm at it, what if you go to .25 auto... instead of 16 - 9mm rounds you could fit about 21 rounds!

In addition to being more controllable, you'd have a bunch more rounds. It could also be blowback (which is safer in a struggle) instead of browning action. Now I understand they are weaker than a 9 mm (which many see as underpowered), but if you extended the .32 or .25 case from about 17 mm to 19 (like the 9 mm) then you would get a lot more power...

I guess, is there some sort of pistol cartridge made like this? or any full-size modern guns that fire .32 or .25 with large magazines like this?

Sorry for rant / randomness
    -Alex

Default Re: modern full size .32 auto

Quote Originally Posted by MontCo Alex View Post
    So I was thinking about this, are they any modern full size guns chambered in .32 auto (7.65 mm)?

If a double stack magazine can hold about 16 - 9mm cartridges, then with some math the same magazine could hold about 18 or 19 - .32 Auto cartridges, maybe more depending on design of the magazine.

While I'm at it, what if you go to .25 auto... instead of 16 - 9mm rounds you could fit about 21 rounds!

In addition to being more controllable, you'd have a bunch more rounds. It could also be blowback (which is safer in a struggle) instead of browning action. Now I understand they are weaker than a 9 mm (which many see as underpowered), but if you extended the .32 or .25 case from about 17 mm to 19 (like the 9 mm) then you would get a lot more power...

I guess, is there some sort of pistol cartridge made like this? or any full-size modern guns that fire .32 or .25 with large magazines like this?

Sorry for rant / randomness
    -Alex
    xdm9 solves most of your problems and it's still a 9mm.

(Dauphin County)

I love off the wall and whackey ideas like this. Don't know how useful it would be but I sure would love to see one.

(Allegheny County)

The only "hot-rodded" .25 I'm aware of is the .25NAA. I believe it's a .32 acp case necked down to .25.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    bingo!...exactly what i was thinking..good call.

Ever looked at a Skorpion?

(Montgomery County)

It sounds cool to have all those shots at your fingertips. However, for a weapon that is used for defense there are two issues; civil liability and stopping power. The more rounds fired in public the greater the chance of incurring civil liability by damaging someone besides your intended target. No pistol has "good" stopping power, yet to use such a low powered round like the .25(about 64 ft lbs at muzzle) or the .32(129 ft lbs at muzzle) is a stark contrast to the .40 S&W (480 ft lbs at muzzle).

In short, go get your NFA tax stamp and buy that Beretta 93R and call it a day.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    So does the Sig Blackwater Tactical and a Plus (+)2 baseplate for a Glock 17, and probably others that I can't think of right now.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MontCo Alex View Post
    As a matter of fact, although I'm not sure just how close it comes to "full size," the CZ-83 immediately comes to mind. They're not common, but I think one would definitely "fill the bill" if one wanted a larger, high capacity .32 ACP pistol.

Oh, and contrary to what some may think, the Caliber Police won't come to arrest you and Richard Simmons won't walk up to you and call you effeminate just because you chose to carry a "lowly" .32 The .32 ACP may not exactly be a powerhouse, but it is very much as lethal as some larger calibers when placed correctly.

(Westmoreland County)

I believe that there are some custom bullseye guns chambered in 32, Italian I think.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast