Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 111 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1251
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: Sad news. Meleanie Hain [shefearsnothing] was killed tonight

Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to register and post in this forum.
    Meleanie was a good friend to many of us and will be missed more than words can say.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    This is my first time visiting this forum.
    I remember the first time it was in the news about Meleanie about a year ago. I respected her for standing up for something she believed in...... not many people have the courage to voice their feelings on something they believe in.
    I was so shocked the night I seen it on the news that she was killed. I would have never thought she had gotten killed in her own home. I cannot imagine how her children are going to grow up without their mother. And as a mother myself, I cannot ever imagine the grief of having to bury one of my children. It still seems to not be true.
    I have read quite a few of these posts, and I just felt that I wanted to let all of you know, I am proud to see so many people stick together and to care so much for one person and her children and family.
    I believe if a person is responsible and wants to have a gun, then so be it. I know if I seen a person openly carry in public, I would probably take a second look, but I wouldn't panic, or be "upset". I'd probably feel a bit safer.
    Keep doing what all of you are doing, I don't have a gun, I never really thought of getting one, or having the need to have one, but I do agree with what you stand for.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    This is my first time visiting this forum.
    I remember the first time it was in the news about Meleanie about a year ago. I respected her for standing up for something she believed in...... not many people have the courage to voice their feelings on something they believe in.
    I was so shocked the night I seen it on the news that she was killed. I would have never thought she had gotten killed in her own home. I cannot imagine how her children are going to grow up without their mother. And as a mother myself, I cannot ever imagine the grief of having to bury one of my children. It still seems to not be true.
    I have read quite a few of these posts, and I just felt that I wanted to let all of you know, I am proud to see so many people stick together and to care so much for one person and her children and family.
    I believe if a person is responsible and wants to have a gun, then so be it. I know if I seen a person openly carry in public, I would probably take a second look, but I wouldn't panic, or be "upset". I'd probably feel a bit safer.
    Keep doing what all of you are doing, I don't have a gun, I never really thought of getting one, or having the need to have one, but I do agree with what you stand for.
    Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your support and kind words.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Read a name...scroll back to find the pic...scroll back down to read another name...scroll back up to the pic....my eyes are getting whip lash...

Those of you on PAFOA facebook...the pic is up on there. You can go in and tag yourselves. Then folks can just point at your smiling faces and your name pops up....
    How does that work? I registered there but I can't find the pic.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Berks County)

I just got up and I got a reply from the Green Man Cafe in my email. Here's the email I sent and their response:

Green Man Cafe,

I was with the group of firearms owners who met at your cafe before attending the funeral service for one of our members and wanted to thank you for your hospitality and for allowing us to meet on the sidewalk outside of your business. Should I find myself in the area again I will be sure to give you my business as well as recommending you to friends and family.

Sincerely,

Marshall J. Fletcher
    Marshall,

Thank you for your kind words. I can only hope that your next visit to Lancaster will be under much happier circumstances.

Christine Mellinger
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    How does that work? I registered there but I can't find the pic.
    You'll find the pic here

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    I just got up and I got a reply from the Green Man Cafe in my email. Here's the email I sent and their response:
    Seems she's busy answering e-mail this morning... I got the same in my inbox
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(York County)

You'll find the pic here
    ok so I registered to fb, found the pic & clicked on me but it just changes to the next photo. then I right clicked on me but it just asks if I want to open in a new window, save the pic etc... How do I tag myself?

ETA nevermind... figured it out!
    Last edited by 87th PVI; October 16th, 2009 at 11:23 AM.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(York County)

You'll find the pic here
    Is there a better link? All I get is the main page. Where is the pic?

Nevermind, I got it. Doesn't seem to work very well. Approximately 8 people have the same name! Not sure this feature was designed for such small faces.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; October 16th, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Bucks County)

From what i can tell....when you click on a face to tag it, a large box opens that will cover many people and everybody in that box will show the tagged name...But as more and more faces are tagged it works better. For example, the box around Rich also covers Greg...but because they have both been tagged pointing at them gives the correct name.

ETA: I just went thru and tagged several based on what i read in this thread. 87th, i tagged you but then saw you figured out how to do it so removed mine. I used screen names as i dont know real names.
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; October 16th, 2009 at 12:08 PM.

(Berks County)

Alas I'm not on facebook. Tried it, didn't like it, deleted my account. Myspace is becoming more like facebook so I barely use it anymore other than to do a quick check on messages and bulletins.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Page 111 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast