Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights ~Handy flyer to carry with you.

Is there an updated (current) version of the flyer? The reason I ask is that in April, I will be doing a firearms education talk at our town's crime watch meeting and was thinking of printing out copies of the flyer to hand out.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Is there an updated (current) version of the flyer? The reason I ask is that in April, I will be doing a firearms education talk at our town's crime watch meeting and was thinking of printing out copies of the flyer to hand out.
    PM 'funsized' and see where he is on the editing. He had a pretty good start on it:

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...ml#post2604928
    IANAL

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    PM 'funsized' and see where she is on the editing. He had a pretty good start on it:

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...ml#post2604928

Fixed it for you!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Luzerne County)

It would be nice to see these flyers used in this fashion.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Juniata County)

Thumbs up Re: Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights ~Handy flyer to carry with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    Don't you think it would be easier to just carry your gun concealed? I mean, It's better than packing your pockets full of flyers , and handing them out to everyone that gasps at your gun.

What's next, Balloons for the kiddies?
    I agree, Justin.
    If I were at a site where the hand-outs would be effective, fine. For me though I really don't want people to know I carry a concealed weapon. To do that would expose myself and lessen my own security and even my effectiveness should a situation arise where I or another innocent might be in danger.
    Anyone that would favor open carry as opposed to concealed is missing the point. Everyone with a concealed permit has been checked out by the state which issues said permit. They, including me, have been shown to be responsible citizens without criminal records or mental hospital stays. At least I would hope so. On the other hand anyone can carry openly and all you need is to buy a gun and carry it.

(York County)

Did you not have to pass a background check to purchase your handgun? I did, so not "anyone" can purchase a gun and carry it. But you're learning.

There are reasons for both, and maybe one day you'll learn that too. Try to choose what's right for you. I can manage to do that without denigrating the choice of others.

You might be surprised at what you can learn if you bring an open mind to the table.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Did you not have to pass a background check to purchase your handgun? I did, so not "anyone" can purchase a gun and carry it. But you're learning.

There are reasons for both, and maybe one day you'll learn that too. Try to choose what's right for you. I can manage to do that without denigrating the choice of others.

You might be surprised at what you can learn if you bring an open mind to the table.
    I thought about putting a pop corn gif here, but that's hard to do after your stand up and classy reply.

To DianeL..... this is an often discussed topic. If you do a search you will find a ton of points for both ways of carrying, in the end both are legal if you have a LTCF and it is up to each individual to decide what is best for them.

Oh what the heck........

Last edited by internet troll; July 17th, 2014 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeL View Post
    I agree, Justin.
    If I were at a site where the hand-outs would be effective, fine. For me though I really don't want people to know I carry a concealed weapon. To do that would expose myself and lessen my own security and even my effectiveness should a situation arise where I or another innocent might be in danger.
    Anyone that would favor open carry as opposed to concealed is missing the point. Everyone with a concealed permit has been checked out by the state which issues said permit. They, including me, have been shown to be responsible citizens without criminal records or mental hospital stays. At least I would hope so. On the other hand anyone can carry openly and all you need is to buy a gun and carry it.
    Aside from the fact that you quoted an infamous pafoa, now banned, butthole you seem to lack even the most basic understanding of the background check involved with obtaining a ltcf. You see it's called a license to carry a firearm because in Pa you can carry the gun however best suits you. These flyers as well as a lot of former members of this forum fought very hard to educate leo's and the other citizenry of the lawful act of OC. You are not a member of a special club because you have a ltcf.

good second post BTW
    FUCK BIDEN

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DianeL View Post
    I agree, Justin.
    Think about this...

If you are concealed and a criminal targets you to assault you will be able to (hopefully) react to his assault and defend yourself.

Now what if you were open carrying? There is a good possibility that that same criminal would see your gun and be deterred from attacking you to begin with.

Which situation would you rather be in? Carrying is not quite as black and white as it seems on first glance. But this is a great place to educate yourself about the law and read about many other people's experiences. Then you can make an informed decision about what is best for you.

As to background checks... I have my ltcf so I was a responsible citizen with no criminal background or mental hospital stays. But before I applied for my ltcf I was also a responsible citizen with no criminal background or metal hospital stays. Hopefully that clears a bit up. THAT is the point. I should not need the government's approval to be able to carry a gun for my defense. The bill of rights as well as the PA constitution enumerates that I have that inalienable right from birth.

Anyway, lots to learn here if you so desire. Good luck to you.

Btw..... probably a good time to mention that an updated version of the flyer has been created by funsized. More information in this thread.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...er-drafts.html

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast