Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights ~Handy flyer about carry

Thanks you Sir, for taking the time to post this for everyone. I appreciate your effort and I am grateful.

(Mercer County)

Thank you for the great flyer, I don't often open carry however one day last summer I was out working in the field where I often carry my handgun on my side for varmints, I needed to make a fast trip to Family Tractor Supply store and I completely forgot that I had my gun on. Nobody said anything to me at the store and it probably wasn't that surprising to many anyway, but it is nice to be informed on the subject.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roundhead View Post
    Thank you for the great flyer, I don't often open carry however one day last summer I was out working in the field where I often carry my handgun on my side for varmints, I needed to make a fast trip to Family Tractor Supply store and I completely forgot that I had my gun on. Nobody said anything to me at the store and it probably wasn't that surprising to many anyway, but it is nice to be informed on the subject.
    Come to the open carry side. WE have cookies.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

The link to download the flyer seems to be inaccessible. Would love to put that flyer in my lockbox so can get it out when traveling or crossing state lines.

We need congress to pass a federal reciprocity law so that we don't have to secure our weapons in a lock box when entering some states. After all I was
    vetted when I applied for my CCP and why is that not good enough for other states who happen to access the same federal site for their own citizens.

(Bucks County)

Unfortunate side-effect of law, which has to address the lowest common denominator...that being, vote for me again, I'm trying to do something about the gun problem. Ain't it great to be used?

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Unfortunate side-effect of law, which has to address the lowest common denominator...that being, vote for me again, I'm trying to do something about the gun problem. Ain't it great to be used?
    Quote Originally Posted by funsized View Post
    Update 7/7/14: I finally got around to finishing the OC flyer.

Update 1/2/16, fixed link:
    https://goo.gl/B7rz2I

----------------------------------------------

I wasn't going to start a new thread, but I'm sure very few people check the sticky updates anymore, so here it is.

Several people, including myself, have requested a new, updated PA Gun Rights / OC Flyer to pass out during encounters. Since the PAopencarry site went down, many of the links are no longer functional. The PAopencarry version is technically copyrighted, so I'm building from the ground up. The only other gun rights flyer I could find on the interwebs is the NC open carry flyer, which has more of an FAQ feel to it. Our PA one has more of a "state the facts" feel to it.

*drumroll*
    I submit (for your approval) two new drafts of a PA OC flyer:

one FAQ style, and
    one Facts style.

links removed in favor of better flyer above

I am nowhere near done experimenting with formatting, color, fonts, type size, pictures, printing issues, etc. Right now, I am looking for feedback, no matter how small, on the CONTENT of the information.

We can choose to keep both versions for personal choice, or morph them into one solid version.

I would like you all to critique the following:
    1) Most importantly, content errors such as misrepresentation of factual knowledge and logical fallicies. If you have a better way to word something, please do not hesitate to post. If something just doesn't sound right, let me know! You are all much better versed in such matters.
    2) Things you wish to see added. I left out the portion about transfering and the list of reciprocity states at this point. Were these useful? Should I keep the list of states as it was and update for current law? Should I only list the website to which a reader could reference if it applies to them?
    3) Typos, syntax, grammar, etc. no matter how small.

The way the links work, I can update the document and the links will reflect the most current version all the time. No need to re-link to the documents. I will continue to update the "Edition" date at the bottom of the document.

This is your opportunity to make the flyer what you've always dreamed of! Have at it!
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

I finally downloaded the flyer. Thanks for you work.

(Luzerne County)

Just a reminder that the originator of this flyer no longer frequents this site. This version may or may not have been updated in years.

Someone was creating a new flyer/ I am not sure it has been completed.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Beaver County)

Thanks for the update! ! ! ! ! !
    'It is Their Right, It is Their Duty, To Throw Off Such Government '

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Just a reminder that the originator of this flyer no longer frequents this site. This version may or may not have been updated in years.

Someone was creating a new flyer/ I am not sure it has been completed.
    The quote I posted was with the updated flyer.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast