Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Uncle Mike's gone to China, but...

Another company selling out! Well good news for those workers that Blackhawk is stepping up (and in)...

From Freedom Armory's newsletter:

Uncle Mike's cases and holster production is being moved from the USA to China. As a result, this product is in short supply during their transition
    period. A competing company, Blackhawk, took advantage of the sale of Uncle Mike's factory in Oregon. They have rehired all of Uncle Mikes's

former US workers and are producing the exact, same product line. As Freedom Armory desires to support US made products, we will be
    offering Blackhawk products as they become available. Some models are already available in the retail area.

(York County)

Default Re: Uncle Mike's gone to China, but...

Is that Freedom Armory in Glen Rock? Good bunch of guys there!

Anyway....Uncle Mike's can kiss my arse!

Uncle Mike's sucks anyway.
    FUCK BIDEN

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Is that Freedom Armory in Glen Rock? Good bunch of guys there!
    Yeah, I like shooting there (I am a big fan of heat and A/C :lol: )and the folks there are top notch.

(Berks County)

Good for Blackhawk, it's nice to see that some companies are still interested in keeping their operations in the US.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Good for Blackhawk, it's nice to see that some companies are still interested in keeping their operations in the US.
    Don't you believe it. Since Blackhawk is not bound by the berry amendment for most of their business they use tons of Chinese (along with Korean and Indian) materials in their products.

If any wants to guarantee USA only content you need to buy US surplus. But even then you never know what you get
    http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/002101.html

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCopper View Post
    Yeah, I like shooting there (I am a big fan of heat and A/C :lol: )and the folks there are top notch.
    I've bought a lot of firearms from Scott...going way back.

I'll grant ya, his prices aren't the cheapest...but the service is great!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Don't you believe it. Since Blackhawk is not bound by the berry amendment for most of their business they use tons of Chinese (along with Korean and Indian) materials in their products.
    Yes, but I am sure the workers who they hired back are all pretty appreciative right now.

While they may be using some foreign material, they are using Americans to make their product, unlike Uncle Mikey, who's workforce now probably includes children in China that are paid peanuts.

It just disturbs me that we as a country, have not supported businesses that stay here enough to show companies they will lose in the long run if they move. If we boycotted companies like this one enough then they would stay.

Here's an interesting photo:

Researcher spots China's new nuclear sub on Google Earth
    A satellite image of China's new nuclear ballistic missile submarine is available on the Google Earth Internet site.

A satellite image of China's new ballistic missile submarine. FAS.org

Hans M. Kristensen, director of the Nuclear Information Project at the Federation of American Scientists (FAS), spotted the images, photographed by the commercial Quickbird satellite in late 2006.

One photo is of what is apparently the new Type 094 Jin-class SSBN at the Xiaopingdao base near Dalian, FAS reported.
    China's military has grown very strong through our years of supporting their economy by buying their goods. Our greed and apathy toward unscrupulous companies because of a little savings will be our demise if we do not stop.

(York County)

Now they are finding Chinese weapons in Iraq, boy it keeps getting better.

US concerns over China weapons in Iraq

By Demetri Sevastopulo in Washington

Published: July 6 2007 22:01 | Last updated: July 6 2007 22:01

The US has raised concerns with the Chinese government about the discovery of Chinese-made weapons in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Richard Lawless, departing senior Pentagon official for Asia, on Friday said Washington had flagged the issue with Beijing. In recent months, the US has become increasingly alarmed that Chinese armour-piercing ammunition has been used by the Taliban in Afghanistan and insurgents in Iraq.

A senior US official recently told the FT that Iran appeared to be providing the Chinese-made weapons. He said Washington had no evidence that Beijing was complicit, but stressed that the US would like China to “do a better job of policing these sales”. Mr Lawless said the question of origin was less important than who was facilitating the transfer.

The concerns about Chinese weapons follow months of allegations from US officials that Iran is helping attack US troops in Iraq, and more recently Afghanistan, by providing technology for bombs that can destroy Humvees and other heavily armoured US vehicles.
    ..... rest of the story here.
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/82ce0740-2c0...b5df10621.html

Now I understand fully the importance of free trade and free markets, but we should not be trading with hostile nations. How far will it go before this country wakes up?

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCopper View Post
    Now they are finding Chinese weapons in Iraq, boy it keeps getting better.

..... rest of the story here.
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/82ce0740-2c0...b5df10621.html

Now I understand fully the importance of free trade and free markets, but we should not be trading with hostile nations. How far will it go before this country wakes up?
    Now, wait a minute -- I don't doubt the ability of the Chi-Coms to stir up trouble, but, well, there's no actual evidence that they were actively supplying these jerks, just that someone, somewhere along the line, purchased Chinese ammo. As far as I know, the insurgents also use whatever American equipment that they can get their hands on, too.

Are you supporting more restrictions on the international sale of small arms ammunition...?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast