Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default New Gun Owner/Bucks County Resident

Hey everyone. I'm a new Bucks County resident and a first time gun owner as of last week.

Just bought a used S&W 66, and as some of you may have noticed, I'm in the market for a 12 gauge and maybe a compact or subcompact pistol.

Just thought I'd say hi.

Anyone have any pearls of wisdom regarding applying for my LTCF? I mean, I can figure out what I MUST do, but maybe there's a better time/place than others.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: New Gun Owner/Bucks County Resident

The Sheriff's office at the courthouse is very amenable. They are usually pretty busy, but will take care of you quickly. Even though mine was a renewal from another county, they treated it as a new application. Be that as it may, I think I was in and out of there within 15 minutes.

Oh and bring cash. I'm fairly certain they don't take credit cards and am not sure about checks. Welcome to the forum, you'll find a great group of people here.

(Bucks County)

Also, if you are far from Doylestown, you can go to the Levittown government services building on New Falls Road. It takes a little longer (I had mine in under a week), but it is no trouble. They close the machine there before 4 and it is 46$ cash.

Welcome to the forum!

-Zach

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by xdfireguy View Post
    The Sheriff's office at the courthouse is very amenable. They are usually pretty busy, but will take care of you quickly. Even though mine was a renewal from another county, they treated it as a new application. Be that as it may, I think I was in and out of there within 15 minutes.

Oh and bring cash. I'm fairly certain they don't take credit cards and am not sure about checks. Welcome to the forum, you'll find a great group of people here.
    Thanks for the advice. When you say 15 minutes, do you mean you walked out with it in 15 minutes, or they took your application in 15 minutes and sent it to you later?

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Also, if you are far from Doylestown, you can go to the Levittown government services building on New Falls Road. It takes a little longer (I had mine in under a week), but it is no trouble. They close the machine there before 4 and it is 46$ cash.

Welcome to the forum!

-Zach
    Thank you. A week doesn't sound too bad, and Levittown is definitely closer for me.

Doylestown they will do the normal paperwork,background checks ,take your picture put it in plastic. From the minute you walk in, to walk out is about a half hour.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post

Welcome to the forum!

-Zach
    I did my renewal in Levittown and it took one week. Like Zach said, make sure you bring $46 cash and be there before 4.

Welcome to the Forum and be safe.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    When you say 15 minutes, do you mean you walked out with it in 15 minutes, or they took your application in 15 minutes and sent it to you later?
    If you go to the actual Sheriff's Office, which is in the courthouse in Doylestown, you'll get your LTCF on the spot.

Thank you. A week doesn't sound too bad, and Levittown is definitely closer for me.
    I've always (I'm on my third LTCF) gone to the the Government Services Building in Levittown. I've only had to wait 4 days max. They'll take your application, take a photo, and call you when it's ready.

(Bucks County)

+1 to all the advice above.

My 15 minute experience included the time from when I walked in (not too busy that day), to when I walked out, card in hand. I may have been lucky on the timing, but it looks like others have had similar quick experiences.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the advice.

I went to the Levittown office today and was in and out very quickly. The only thing that held me up was that I didn't anticipate the application requiring references with address and phone number. The Bucks County website doesn't mention that, and I guess I read over the description on this site a little too quick.

I don't like to use people as references for anything without asking their permission, so I had to make some phone calls.

(Bucks County)

Wow, just got the call from Levittown.

My license is in. I only applied on Monday afternoon.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast