Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Do not OC in best buy. Heads up.

today we were having a meeting, and someone asked "what do you we if someone has a weapon in store?". Which brought on the Open Carry debate. The manager said "the cameras will be on the person and we will watch", however there is a pretty good chance the local police WILL be called depending on the manager. Now I got to educate some people that open carry is perfectly legal, but I didn't have any fliers. I'm not telling anyone to NOT shop there. I'm merely just saying to be careful. So I'm not saying don't shop there at all.

I gave a few of the people this website address, and I use my real name here so I figure I'd just be clear.
    Last edited by The Unknown 1087; October 4th, 2009 at 04:47 PM.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Do not OC in best buy. Heads up.

i've OC'd in the Harrisburg store many times with no comments made to me... just sayin
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Northampton County)

PennsyPlinker cleared the way for us here. He set'um straight he did.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    So I've recently started a second part time job for Best Buy. It's a lot closer for me as a second part time job. It's almost the same pay, and i save alot with miles and gas.

Anyways, today we were having a meeting, and someone asked "what do you we if someone has a weapon in store?". Which brought on the Open Carry debate. The manager said "the cameras will be on the person and we will watch", however there is a pretty good chance the local police WILL be called depending on the manager. Now I got to educate some people that open carry is perfectly legal, but I didn't have any fliers. I'm not telling anyone to NOT shop there. I'm merely just saying to be careful. So I'm not saying don't shop there at all.

I gave a few of the people this website address, and I use my real name here so I figure I'd just be clear.
    Is there a corporate policy on this that you can find in an operations manual or something similar?

(Northampton County)

I've done it. And will again. Like everywhere I go. There is no legal place off limits for me. If they put a sign up I will go elsewhere and then come here and bitch.

(Luzerne County)

Sounds like a non issue.

I OC in BB regularly, never had the cops called... if they were, they didn't come <shrug>

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Is there a corporate policy on this that you can find in an operations manual or something similar?
    I will indeed check it out when I can access my site for it. So far I believe it's only against the rules for employees that's listed.

For everyone else, I was just passing along what was said, nothing more. It wasn't stated if it's against policy or anything.

(Lebanon County)

IIRC their policy is to follow state law, so they may be in for a head ache if they toss someone out or call the man.

Which one are you working at? Don't worry, when they toss me I won't tell them know you
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    IIRC their policy is to follow state law, so they may be in for a head ache if they toss someone out or call the man.

Which one are you working at? Don't worry, when they toss me I won't tell them know you
    I sent you a PM.

Dane, I have spent more time that I care to contemplate at two different Best Buy stores, usually waiting for the Dork Squad to get around to fixing my computer. Never a word has been said in the Reading store. In the Whitehall store, the LP manager was in the process of throwing me out when I appealed to the store manager. He overrode the LP guy and let me continue about my business. I have been in there numerous times since then with no problem at all. And the LP guy is friendly enough. I see him at the front door virtually every time I enter.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast