Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default Oktoberfest Tonight in Edinboro,Pa

Is anyone going to this and going to Open Carry? I am going tonight and hoping it goes ok. haha Let me know if you are so we can meet up.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Oktoberfest Tonight in Edinboro,Pa

umm yeah scratch this post lol. My g/f left me a note when she went to work and she thought this was like a fair/festival. It takes places at some church so OCing is not an option.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swankster988 View Post
    ...hoping it goes ok. haha
    "haha"?
    I frown on this attitude. Why wouldn't it go ok? If you are OC'ing to see how it goes and it's a comical experiment for you I recommend not OC'ing.

No offense, but your post come off as a bit lacksidasical. Carrying a firearm is serious business.

... It takes places at some church so OCing is not an option.
    A church is the same as any other private venue. They may welcome it, prohibit it, or not give a damn either way.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Erie County)

Well, you seem to be incorrect on your thoughts about my post. Comical experiment? I may be new to pennsylvania and i don't know a lot of the laws quite yet but in ohio if your in/at a church event you need permission from the "pastor" or "father" ,etc before you decide to go carrying CC or OC. I don't know about here in PA. Also i do not OC for a "Comical Experiment". What's the point? Do you think i want to carry around a gun for that reason? ok right... I think you misinterpreted my post, and the only reason i said "hope it goes ok" is because i am new to erie! It doesn't mean its a comical experiment.

(Luzerne County)

I'm not "incorrect on my thoughts about your post."
    My interpretation of your post is a direct result of how you worded your post.

"I am going tonight and hoping it goes ok. haha" infers you think it's funny and you're not taking it seriously.

So now that you have clarified I am relieved that you didn't mean it that way.

As for church, YOU posted info that was not correct, in Pa. You are not in Ohio and we do not know you're from ohio. I simply corrected the information you posted. I hope you found it helpful.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Erie County)

Well, i am glad we cleared things up. Not the best way way to meet each other but are we straight now? thanks for clarifying also

(Luzerne County)

Well, i am glad we cleared things up. Not the best way way to meet each other but are we straight now? thanks for clarifying also
    We're good. Again, I only responded to what I read, I jumped on you in an attempt to seek clarification. Thanks for doing so. We have had a lot of people do or suggest things that I feel are inappropriate and not representative of gun owners in general and OC'ers in particular. We must self police, so to say.

Welcome to Pa. and PAFOA.

Remember Meleanie

(Erie County)

Some thoughts on open carrying in Edinboro.

College town, lots and lots of students and a surprisingly large and active police presence in such a small town.

I am getting my M.Ed there, and have open carried around town a bit.

I was hassled by two officers eating lunch at Taco Bell in Edinboro once.

I was asked what department I was in, informed them that I wasn't LEO. They then asked why I was carrying openly, and I told them because it is more comfortable. They told me I should reconsider, and that OCing was likely to cause panic. I told them I appreciated their advice, sat down and ate a few tables from them, and was on my way.

They know the law, but they obviously don't like it.

Also, Edinboro Outdoors has an excellent long gun selection and a decent selection of handguns. They also have more ammo for sale there then anywhere else.
    Open Carry: it's whats for dinner.