Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Moving to Cranberry Twp

I'm moving back to PA soon and interested in finding places to shoot convenient to Cranberry Twp. Looking for ranges, clubs, and public land for small game hunting. Thanks.

Default Re: Moving to Cranberry Twp

Quote Originally Posted by RufusG View Post
    I'm moving back to PA soon and interested in finding places to shoot convenient to Cranberry Twp. Looking for ranges, clubs, and public land for small game hunting. Thanks.
    north side sportsmans is right there in cranberry twp. http://www.nssa.ws/ i'm a member its a great club, some of the best outdoor ranges i've seen.. let me know when your moved and settled we'll go shoot there one day

(Butler County)

XD45, Thanks for the invite. I will take you up on that. Looks like a very nice place. I'm thinking I will be moving my stuff in mid-August; I'm already here personally most of the time.

Just down the road a ways is Ambridge Sportsman's and across the river (30 min from Cranberry) is Alliquipa bucktails.
    There are a few to the north of Cranberry also, but I have only heard of them, not seen them.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Butler County)

Thanks. I will look into those as well.

(Allegheny County)

State Gameland 203 is right off of Rt910 in Wexford...they have a pretty nice public rifle/pistol range there as well.

We were doing our shotgunning at Castlewood...just east of New Castle on Rt 422...we have since discovered Lawrence County Sportsmans Club...just west of New Castle. We had absolutely no complaints about Castlewood but LCSA has 3 skeet fields as opposed to Castlewoods single skeet/trap combo range. Both places are open to the public (LCSA on Sat and Sun, Castlewood Sun. only)...and both will treat you right.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Butler County)

I too am relatively new - moved to Zelienople this time last year, but my cousin (BearTitan) recently got me hooked on guns. I just purchased my first gun (9mm Beretta 92fs) about a month ago. Right now, I shoot every Thursday with my Cuz at SCMP, but that's 45 miles and 50 minutes away. I don't drive a frickin' Prius so it's getting a little expensive to fill the tank. I'm looking to join a club in the area, but my primary focus at this point is LEARNING. I need a club with members that can answer stupid questions every once in a while. Also, I've heard (but can not confirm) that some of the clubs around here are a little "lame". Since all I have (right now) is my trusty Beretta, I am mostly interested in a good pistol range. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves - Abraham Lincoln

Just a note for this thread, I'm probably not going to reup my membership to NSSA not 100% positive but I'm thinking of dropping NSSA if I am not paid by Oct. 1st, I loose my "member in good standing" and can no longer sign for you, so your probably going to need to be voted in in Septembers meeting so if your looking to join your gonna want to talk to me soon

Rochester Sportsmen's Club is on route 989, north and west of Cranberry Twp. We're working on a really nice set of rifle/handgun ranges, along with having shotgun and archery areas.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    State Gameland 203 is right off of Rt910 in Wexford...they have a pretty nice public rifle/pistol range there as well.
    What I like about this range is that they have the pistol range at a depth of about 20-25 feet. I doubt I could hit the broad side of a barn much further than that. Doubt that I would draw any further away from that, anyway.
    John Stuart Mill noted: ‘A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.’

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast