Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Well, Rock-it3 is no more!

Relax, its not what you think. I am still among the living (to the dismay of some ), and I'm not pulling a Spotter66. I'm gonna ride out the sh*tstorm with the rest of you.
    It's just that I sold my namesake:

2005 Triumph Rocket III
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Dang, I really loved her. So much power (2300 cc's), so much chrome! But I haven't been riding much, and even when I did, I just didn't have the same passion for it that I used to. So now what? I guess I'll still be Rock-it3, without a Rocket III.
    Please don't ask how much I sold it for. Do you know how tough it is selling a big-ticket item these days. Let's just say the buyer got a really, really, really good deal. And my wife is getting a new piano, and I'm getting a Garand, so it's not all bad.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Well, Rock-it3 is no more!

I am by no means a biker, nor do I have the desire or ambition to ever own a motorcycle. But I can recognize and appreciate a beautiful piece of machinery, and that sir...was one. No wonder you're bumming, its gorgeous.

THat said, I'd still rather have the garand. Make sure you get a right good and sexy looking one, with beautiful wood and nice clean metal.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Greene County)

I'm requesting pics of the Garand. Its just not good form to mention a new purchase without pics

Hell, I kinda wanna see the piano too lol
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. - Samuel Adams

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vig View Post
    I'm requesting pics of the Garand. Its just not good form to mention a new purchase without pics

Hell, I kinda wanna see the piano too lol
    Well, the Garand is at least 180 days out, that's the approx wait time from CMP. (and I didn't even order it yet!!). Just looked on the website and found out that they are out of the Greek surplus ammo they had as of 8/28/09.

The Piano is on the boat, it'll be here in about a month. Yes it is Chinese, they don't make pianos in the US anymore. It's a Hailun HU5. Hailun comes highly recommended by our piano tuner. They are a privately owned Chinese company that produce Yamaha quality at about 50% the price. My wife has played a few. The tonal quality is great. I'll post pics when we have it, but don't hold your breath.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Bucks County)

What a beautiful bike. Sorry for your loss but it was wonderful of you to buy your wife something she obviously really wanted.
    I LOVE motorcycles, my godfather had a 44 Harley with a leopard seat. I used to ride with him as a kid. He just passed away 2 weeks ago at age 88. RIP Uncle Ben. Sorry for the sidetrack, the bike just made me think of him.......

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Just looked on the website and found out that they are out of the Greek surplus ammo they had as of 8/28/09.
    Well that sucks a lot. Let's hope the South Korean rumor turns out to be true and brings a ton of surplus ammo with it.

On a similar note, my family has ridden Triumph motorcycles for decades. Mostly because the Indian company went under. My uncle had a Triumph TR5T that was pretty cool.

On my list of motorcycles to own is a bright red Triumph 675 Triple and an all black Speed Triple.

TR5T

675 Triple

Speed Triple