Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Targetmaster

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Targetmaster

Today I met up with a forum member at Targetmaster in Chadds Ford to do a transfer. I had never been there before so I did a search on the forum and came up with very little info.

Nice-sized store and very well stocked. Prices were good, selection was very good, employees were very helpful. Transfers are $35 for face to face transactions between buyer and seller or $50 for guns shipped to them (unless it's a gun they can't get in which case it's $35).

I didn't have a lot of time to browse today but I definitely intend on going back. There was a really good selection of handguns, new and used and long guns as well. What really blew me away though was the selection of rental guns. These people have A LOT of rental guns!!! If there's a gun you're interested in trying there's a good chance they have it in rental.

http://www.targetmaster.com/

Default Re: Targetmaster

A lot of us have a less charitable take on the establishment than you do. I'm glad that your experience was good.

(Philadelphia County)

Interesting. A forum search turned up some info about their somewhat strict range/ammo policies and the usual CS gripes. I always try to go to gunshops in the middle of the workday in hopes that there will be little traffic and I'll get better service. Seems to work for the most part. Obviously I've only been to TM one time. I'll do another forum search to see what I find. Thanks

to hell with those gun Nazis!!!!!
    "343" Never Forgotten

(Montgomery County)

I don't go to anti-gun gun shops... They don't allow you to carry they don't allow you to shoot white box IMO they don't support the second amendment nor the PA consitution nor PA law!!! They stink stay out of there, to hell with the jerks..

The 3 or 4 times I went their the person behind the counter had such a case of the BIGHEAD!!! The customer me knew nothing about guns!
    "343" Never Forgotten

(Delaware County)

my experiences there have varied, when the place isn't swamped with people is a good place but nights and weekends are more of a madhouse and quality of service suffers greatly. The wide array of rentals i think is because a significant number of people go there to just rent a gun and thats where they probably make most of their money. I don't like their attitude towards 2nd amendment but understand they deal with a lot of non gun smart customers.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    I don't go to anti-gun gun shops... They don't allow you to carry they don't allow you to shoot white box IMO they don't support the second amendment nor the PA consitution nor PA law!!! They stink stay out of there, to hell with the jerks..
    False on pretty much everything.

It's only the 100rnd value pack WWB they don't allow.

The rest of your rant doesn't hold much water.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    False on pretty much everything.

It's only the 100rnd value pack WWB they don't allow.

The rest of your rant doesn't hold much water.
    WTF? Have you been there? The also ban Blazer Im pretty sure I said white box! they also ban blazer and you cannot carry your gun. What's inaccurate? I'm dead on right! they are a huge antigun gun shop!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    WTF? Have you been there? The also ban Blazer Im pretty sure I said white box! they also ban blazer and you cannot carry your gun. What's inaccurate? I'm dead on right! they are a huge antigun gun shop!
    Exceltoexcel, yes... I've "been there".

They do not allow the Walmart bulk 100 round WWB value pack.
    The 50 round boxes, as sold from stores OTHER than Walmart, ARE allowed.

I find it quite ironic that you want to call Targetmaster "anti-gun" yet bitch about not being able to shoot ammo you bought at Walmart, there. Why is it you want to support Walmart... a store with will not sell defensive/tactical weapon, does not support the NRA or the 2A at all, and has a history of less than ideal treatment of their employees....yet you think Targetmaster is "anti gun"?

TM has concealed carry classes on site, sells defensive/ tactical firearms (the bulk of their sales), sells tactical knifes, flashlights, clothing, tasers, pepper sprays and concealed holsters....and they're anti-gun? Seriously?

Did you not come to the meetings they hosted with Stephan Barrer on 2nd Amendment issues when HR 1022 was in the news?

Or do you think that because they ask folks not to open carry in their store, that they're "anti-gun"? That's actually just a store policy, not a political stance.

Keep in mind, people are handling new firearms for purchase, rental firearms to use on the range, shooting their guns there, and trying on holsters....all in the same store. The store asks for weapons which are visible to be clear....would you like me to tell you how many folks I've watched try on holsters with loaded firearms? Or how many times people have handled loaded guns in the show-room? There are holes in that building which shouldn't be there, they don't need any more of them.

They have no issue with folks carrying concealed there. And no-one really open carries in Chester/ Delco. It's not the norm in that community, and it's an effort to keep loud noises down... not a political statement.

If you want to interpret this to mean they are "ANTI open carry"...that's a bit of a stretch, but go ahead. But it certainly doesn't make them "anti-gun", as you imply.

As for not allowing "Blazer" ammo....actually, Blazer Brass is allowed. They just don't allow Aluminum or Steel cased rounds on their range.

So no, you're not "dead on right". If you hate the shop, and don't want to go there....have at it! I really don't care. But if you want to talk shit on them, at least do so for actual reasons, not made up ones.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast