Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default the prospective teacher

After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said: 'Let me see if I've got this right.

'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.

'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.

'You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams.

'You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.

'You want me to do all this and then you tell me. . . I CAN'T PRAY?

(Chester County)

Default Re: the prospective teacher

Can't pray? Teachers aren't allowed to pray? Or is it that they aren't allowed to lead the students in prayer?

I thought you were allowed to have a moment of silence, for kids to pray, or check their text messages, as they so choose, no?

And Public School teachers make a good amount of money. Maybe they start slow, but you can make a FORTUNE if you put in the time, and get the certs/degrees. Private school teachers don't make the same money, then again, I think you only need a bachelors degree to be a private school teacher.

(Susquehanna County)

Can't take a joke without turning it into a bad discussion ? Do you watch the Comedy Channel on TV and say those assholes don't know what their talking about ?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said: 'Let me see if I've got this right.

'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.

'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.

'You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams.

'You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.

'You want me to do all this and then you tell me. . . I CAN'T PRAY?

I understood it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    Can't take a joke without turning it into a bad discussion ? Do you watch the Comedy Channel on TV and say those assholes don't know what their talking about ?
    I dunno, I guess being fed up at the constant mis-information from all sides makes me oversensitive to jokes with "wrong" punch lines.

My bad.

(Clinton County)

I can't tell what's worse sometimes...the anti-religious nuts or the religious ones. Just live and let live. Your kid hearing someone pray isn't going to brainwash them into a Jesus freak. What a bunch of pansies we have become.