Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Best price for XD 45?

Hi, guys!

I guess I'll make my first post here at pafoa.org a question to all of the XD 45 owners here: which retailer in central PA has the best price for this gun? I was considering Trop's, but I did want to shop around a little, just to be sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStringer View Post
    Hi, guys!

I guess I'll make my first post here at pafoa.org a question to all of the XD 45 owners here: which retailer in central PA has the best price for this gun? I was considering Trop's, but I did want to shop around a little, just to be sure.

First off, welcome. It's always good to have new folks jumping into the action. As for you question about prices, I'm not too sure where you're located, so I won't be much help with local stores. If you want to see what people are asking around the country for the XD-45, you can try Gunbroker, or maybe Gallery of Guns
    to get an idea where prices should be. Best of luck, and that's a great choice of weapon. Let us know how you make out.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Philadelphia County)

Hopefully Aubie sees this thread, he knows where all the deals are at.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Contact Dave at:

Gold Coast Tactical
    dave@goldcoasttactical.com
    http://goldcoasttactical.com

Tell him I sent you. Gave me a great deal on mine. Not local but even with shipping I saved a ton.

In Cumberland Co. You will need to travel to Shyda's in Lebanon. You won't find a better price on a NIB XD.

717-273-6593

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStringer View Post
    Hi, guys!

If Trop is in your "commuting area" for a gun you might give Backwoods Outfitters in Columbia a call and ask for a quote at 717-684-2017. I purchased a glock 17 a year or two ago from Tom and he gave me a quote over the phone and placed a special order without a deposit. It was $499.99 plus tax and $5 transfer fee and was new if the box, straight from the distributor. I considered the price a solid one althought later saw specials for maybe $25 less but mine new in the box -sealed box, not shop worn and with good service was well worth the $25 I might have saved if I waited for a special.

But he can be hard to find first visit so take a map and cell phone. But if you get close he can "talk you in."

$500 for a glock 2 years ago wasn't a deal. Perhaps for you...but not a deal for those who look around. You cannot beat Shyda's...they have Glocks with NS for $530...$540 is what most shops sell regular glocks with the cheap sights.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    $500 for a glock 2 years ago wasn't a deal. Perhaps for you...but not a deal for those who look around. You cannot beat Shyda's...they have Glocks with NS for $530...$540 is what most shops sell regular glocks with the cheap sights.
    I have never been to Shyda. I almost went a couple of times when I was at gunshow at Lebanon Expo. I gather those gunshows have closed, but it might be worth the hour drive if their selection and prices are good. Do they have decent prices on quality S/S and O/U shotguns. I am tempted by the Brownings.

Shyda's carries all Browning shotguns. Believe me when I tell you that I hit every major gun store in the area. If you can do better than Shyda's...you found a really good deal....esp on their new firearms. I have been doing business with them for many years. If you reload...check out their powders...they beat the competition by $15...that's the difference in price between Shyda's and MidwayUSA on an 8lb of Varget.