Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Exclamation Ammo Ban Alert!!!

To arms, to arms ~I believe they used to ride about yelling.

To whitefeathers thread http://www.pafoa.org/forum/national-...gher-cost.htmlwarning about a potential threat to our firearms freedom, I added the following...

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/national-...html#post78474

The proposed OSHA rule changes will increase the cost of business dealing with these items to such an extent, the result will effectively be a ban on or reduce availability and increase prices of black powder and small arms components.

To add public comment to the proposed rule changes do the following-

Go to http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspubli...OSHA-2007-0032

On this page the proposed rule and comments are listed, anywhere on the page click on a yellow bubble, to add comments

You will have to go thru a web form and input your info. We only have until July 12 to comment, and there are only 16 comments, not all of which are negative. Please help stop these buearocratic butt whipes.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

Default Re: Ammo Ban Alert!!!

I also heard the sky is falling. Dude, get a grip.

(Lancaster County)

No one is sending out an alert on this {GOA, NRA}

If OSHA adopts these rule changes it can very well increase the already high cost of ammo

One of the proposed changes includes the public not be allowed within 50' of ammo or components unless searched for matches and lighters???

Do you want the counter slave at wally-world to have the right to search you?

It's another ploy to restrict our freedoms without being bothered to get it through the Congress.

I am concerned about this BS and it is a very real posibility OSHA could implement this.

Even if you don't think it has a chance of flying, why take the risk? Add a negative comment to their little rule, it don't cost nothing.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

(Luzerne County)

I contacted OSHA and 2 senators and my congressmen.
    The NRA website has an alert.

We need more people to contact all concerned(osha ,congress).

(Delaware County)

The document ID to search for at the link above is OSHA-2007-0032-0001.

My comment:

I am very concerned about the proposed regulation's effect on transportation and
    sales of firearms ammunition and ammunition components. This is a multi billion
    dollar industry and could easily be crippled by this well intentioned, but
    misguided, regulation. I respectfully urge you to seek and accept guidance on
    this subject from the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the Sporting
    Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute (SAAMI), and the National Rifle
    Association (NRA). Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

(Delaware County)

Oh, and at this point, there are only 17 comments posted. Pretty weak turn out...

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by T Durdin View Post
    No one is sending out an alert on this {GOA, NRA}
    GOA doesn't know a thing about it, NRA-ILA has notice of it on their website, the notice is dated JULY 3, so they just learned of it about the time we did.

Everyone needs to remember that Congress has already given OSHA the authority to write regulations that have the effect of law. So this could happen.

(Wayne County)

Angry Re: Ammo Ban Alert!!!

After reading the posts and following the links and then following the links on the government website I emailed them off a letter stating my concern of the negative impact this will have on the shooting and hunting industries. I also faxed them a copy. One should get through.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Oh, and at this point, there are only 17 comments posted. Pretty weak turn out...
    If you submit a comment, they are allowed to review it before posting it to that site. I made a comment over a day ago and it hasn't been added to the list.