Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default Pics - Crimson Trace laser on XD Subcompact.

Got a chance to shoot the pistol just using the laser today ( I didn't use the sights at all). I have never shot it just using the laser before. And I wondered how it would do. A subcompact at 25 yards. Hmmmmm.

This was shooting as fast as I saw the dot again, at 25 yards off hand. Like I mentioned, I was just using the red dot on the target to sight with. This was keeping both eyes open and concentrating on the target and the dot on it. I really believe that in a truely stressfull situation, that this is what your going to do. Stare at the bad guy.

Doing the same thing again, but only at 7 yards. This time, I tried for all head shots. Impressed the crap out of my buddy and I.

Why people don't like lasers is beyond me. They use Red dot sights, ported barrels, get trigger jobs, scopes, floating barrels, all kinds of add ons to pistols and rifles. But add a laser and that is a no no.

Well, I for one love mine. I know, I know. What if the batteries go dead. Well, what if my magazine don't feed, you use another mag. If the battery goes dead, I still have my sights on my gun. They aren't gone.

We also did a test where we shot my buddies pistol without a laser first. (Sorry, forgot all about taking pics of this test. We were having to much fun) We started close enough to punch the target, pulled the pistol, and shooting from the hip, retreated back-wards trying to get away from the bad guy while dumping rounds into him.

Groups from the pistol without a laser were from the neck to the bottom of the target. (Look at the full size target above. They went from head shots down to the 3 ring.) Not bad, they were all on the IDPA style target and that was a good thing. When the guys tried my pistol with a laser on it, most of our shots were center mass, (Actually very close to the group that I shot at 25 yards in the picture above) or mostly in the 0 ring of an IDPA target. The groups really tightened up. My buddy is going to look for a laser for his pistol now.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Chester County)

Default Re: Pics - Crimson Trace laser on XD Subcompact.

I call shenanigans!!!!! I see no pics of CT grips or XD sub compact!!!!!

Nice shooting for rapid fire. Thanks for sharing.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    I call shenanigans!!!!! I see no pics of CT grips or XD sub compact!!!!!

Nice shooting for rapid fire. Thanks for sharing.
    Here you go.

(Chester County)

Thank you. That is one sexy looking gun!

Is the grip any more or less comfortable than the stock feel?

(Cambria County)

When they first went on. I noticed them. They are a bit thicker. But in no time at all, I find that I don't even notice them.

I have shot IDPA with this pistol, and done well. I carry it daily and love it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    When they first went on. I noticed them. They are a bit thicker. But in no time at all, I find that I don't even notice them.

I have shot IDPA with this pistol, and done well. I carry it daily and love it.
    I was thinking about eventually getting a set for my XD. I have a set of on my V10. They feel pretty nice, but not as nice as the Houge grips that came on the gun. I love the grip of my XD. I would hate to spend the money on a set of grips to find out I don't like the feel.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by smithwessn View Post
    I was thinking about eventually getting a set for my XD. I have a set of on my V10. They feel pretty nice, but not as nice as the Houge grips that came on the gun. I love the grip of my XD. I would hate to spend the money on a set of grips to find out I don't like the feel.
    I'm having the same dilemna with my XD subcompact right now. I have a set for my beretta 92 and love them... I want to put them on my XD, since it is my carry weapon, but I definitely don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that will make my gun uncomfortable in my hand.

I am very interested in getting this site and may not have read enough to find price and availability but my biggest problem is whether it will fit my beautiful hand made Mitch Rosen shoulder holster. If I have to get a new holster then I'll most likely sell my current rig and get a Kimber Crimson Ultra Light II since I have an XDm as well.

Please advise.

thx
    Marc