Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Union County)

Default Pictures from Last Colorado to get a dialog started in hunting

I am posting some pictures of my last Colorado Elk and Mule Bear hunting in an attempt to get some dialog started in the hunting section of this this forum.

grizz
    Last edited by GRIZZLYBEAR; February 21st, 2012 at 05:18 AM. Reason: To some additional text to post

Griz,

it does seem that the hunting section needs some attention. Great looking mule deers. I personally cannot wait til archery season this year. I bought a Summit Viper last year and I haven't even used it yet. Once the rain goes away...I will be trying out the climber.

I decided that I am not going to go rifle hunting this year...too many hunters out my way..and I like hunting when it's cool out...not when it can be down right cold outside. I am hoping to get a huge buck that I have been hearing about...I hopefully will have a new "sweet spot" to hunt on this season.

Good luck on your season.

(Luzerne County)

As a handgun hunter myself (Ruger SRH .44mag) I'm jealous!!

You guys did great.

As for hunting, my wife and I went down to Cabela's in Hamburg on Friday. One look at the mountainous scene in the middle of the store and a walk through the Deer Room gets your blood going!!

(Perry County)

Nice Mules Grizz,

I hope to have an opportunity to get out west and hunt some mule deer, but that won't be until farther down the road.

As for Elk, I've seen a couple in my front yard. I live about 40 minutes from Benezette, a town that boasts of its Elk population. It seems that the imported Elk are beginning to move into the surrounding areas. There's a big 6x6 roaming in the woods around my house. I've got some pretty good footage of him eating out of an apple tree in my neighbor's yard. Good Stuff.

I really can't wait til hunting season starts. I skipped out on the archery license this year, but I bought a brand new Marlin 336C in .35 Remington. I'm going to couple the new .35 with Hornaday's new LEVERevolution ammo, and hopefully drop a big buck.