Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Safe storage in the nightstand

How do you keep your HD's ready to go, but safe from little kid hands?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Safe storage in the nightstand

Quote Originally Posted by richrock View Post
    How do you keep your HD's ready to go, but safe from little kid hands?
    In the safe, in the closet, full clip of JHPs with no rounds in the chamber. One magazine in reserve, per gun.

The P229 serves as a primary, with the G17 as a BUG.
    These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for. LMAO

(Chester County)

In our walk-in closet, in a Ft. Knox pistol safe, bolted to the top of my bureau. My carry gun, loaded, spare mag, and my wife's revolver, loaded, spare loader.

http://www.ftknox.com/redesign/pistolboxes/

The above is the best quick access safe I've ever seen or used. It's a push button lock, as solid as you can get, and it bolts easily (assuming you're willing to drill through a bureau top). I drilled the holes, and mounted it with carriage bolts (the bolt heads are smooth and can't be turned, and are on the underside of the hole I drilled in the bureau, and the nuts are on the inside of the safe, and covered by a foam liner) so that you can't unbolt the safe unless you can open the safe. Sure, someone can always steal the bureau, or rip the top off and take the safe, but it's as good as you're going to get without a full blown floor or wall safe.

I had a Gunvault with an electronic pad lock. It was garbage, the batteries crapped out quickly, and it finally broke within a year. I would stay the hell away from any electronic lock -- they fail much easier than a push button.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

I don't have kids but my wife wants my guns locked up so I have a handgun in a Center of Mass car safe underneath the bed on my side. Before I go to bed I put the key in the lock so all I have to do is reach down, turn the key, and take it out. In the morning I take the key. If you have kids you won't want to forget the key so maybe have the car keys on the same key ring.

(Philadelphia County)

No kids here!!

On top of my night stand, in it's holster.

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    No kids here!!

NO little ones here either. And gun is in the same place. Only problem is that the night sites sometimes keep me awake. LOL.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    No kids here!!

I don't have kids either, but why not lock it up while you're not next to it...then leave the little safe door open, through the night?

(Monroe County)

I keep a gun in every room of my house including the garage. I will not be caught off guard and unarmed in my home, in the Garage i keep my Taurus Judge loaded with 2 rounds of Winchestwer silvertips and 3 rounds of Winchester .410 shotshell in #8 shot. I wear this gun when i'm doing yard work etc. For snakes and any other nasties that needs removal.

In the downstairs bedroom i keep my S&W 410s loaded with 10 rounds of Corbon 165 grn .40's

In the master suite i keep under my pillow my FNp .40 loaded with 14 rouinds of Speer Gold Dots on an empty chamber.
    The Mitchell high standard sits close by loaded with 6 rounds of 00 buckshot.
    In the kitchen on top of the refridgwerator i keep my Bersa loaded with 6 rounds of Winchester silvertips one in the chamber safety on, spare mag loaded.

I only have one child , 13 yo son , in his room his Mossy Door buster is under his bed loaded with low base Remmy # 7 1/2 shot shells , Chamber empty. Ready to roll.

When my brother visit with his children or any other guest are coming all guns are collected and locked up in my safe . When they are gone all guns go back on Duty.

Nyman

(Bucks County)

next to my bed in the case it comes in just unlocked. half way open. loaded and ready to go. just me and my girlfriend in my house, no kids and noone goes in our bedroom.
    "I Don't Miss"

no kids here either, by the bedside

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast