Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default What have you found in the woods while hunting?

I started this topic in another forum I belong to and got some really cool replies.

I found a grunt tube, a couple having sex, and my hunting buddy found a knife on top of a hill in a tree line. 20 minutes later he was field dressing a deer, with his just found knife. He shot the doe from where the knife was laying.

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: What have you found in the woods while hunting?

The guy whose land I hunt on found a guy in a suit under a tree that had been murdered. Police determined that he had been shot in the head twice with a .22 and was transported to this location.

A little unnerving.

(Monroe County)

some small stuff, padded seat cushion (hunting seat), grunt tube, nothing cool
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Delaware County)

I found a Leatherman in the bottom of a shallow river. I had to get out because the water was only about a foot deep and there was this shiny rectangle. Bam....free Leatherman.

(Chester County)

I've found a slip on shotgun sling that apparently had "Slipped off"(I use it to this day). Ran into a man taking a dump as I was walking up the trail. And I also ran into a couple who were "about to do the nasty". Man were they surprised when the man clad in orange with the rifle rounded the curve on the trail. You never saw two people hightail it out of the woods so fast. I about peed myself from laughing.......

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    The guy whose land I hunt on found a guy in a suit under a tree that had been murdered. Police determined that he had been shot in the head twice with a .22 and was transported to this location.

A little unnerving.
    It wasn't hunting, but I have a similar story.

A friend was a treecutter and he was pretty deep into someones property to get rid of a couple of dead trees. He took his lunch break and found a stump to sit on. Next to the stump was a pile of... something. He couldn't determine what it was and while he was eating lunch he poked at it with a stick. Than a part of the pile fell off. The head part. It was some guy named Patrick Malarkey that had been missing for a few years.

Soon after a news article was printed about the incident... they decided to title the article "These bones were once filled with Malarkey".

The friend in question is since deceased, but as far as I know the story is true, lol
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

I found a butterfly knife maybe 20yrs ago.
    A few years ago I found a decent quality rain jacket someone rolled up to sit on and just walked away. Too small for me though.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lancaster County)

I found a nice Western knife once on a hiking trail laying on top of the snow. It was up near Middle Creek on the Horseshoe Trail.
    Thankful and Blessed by God!

(Jefferson County)

1. Numerous sets of car keys.
    2. While crayfish "hunting" in the early-mid '90s my cousin and I turned over a rock in the Clear Run creek a few miles behind the farm and up floated a 1970's $5 bill. It was about 3/16" (H&W) bigger than a dry bill, swelled up due to being under that rock for what we assumed as years. It was a real bill, confirmed it at a bank and a coin and currency collector in DuBois.
    3. Loose, unfired ammo.
    4. Turkey box caller.
    5. a couple old Barlow knives
    6. flashlights
    7. canteen and thermos'
    8. a couple burnt out stolen cars

(Franklin County)

A pair of womans underwear and a condom. I found a rusted folding knife once. Some old ammo that got left out, it was still live but rusted. I also found an old sliver quarter that was in the creek bed. Nothing exciting anyway

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast