Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Volunteers need for operation "damn that's heavy" this Sat, Telford - Canadensis

Well after weeks of searching for a replacement hot tub we FINALLY bought on in Telford today. A bit bigger than we wanted but the price was a STEAL.

So anyway we have to pick it up this Saturday in Telford (right off 563 about 3 miles from 309). We have a truck and one strong body (Fingers) and myself but this thing weighs about 300 pounds empty. We have to move it about 50 yards from the back of these people's house, onto it's side and into the pick up. Haul it up here to Monroe county and then off the truck, over a 4' railing around our deck (the truck backed up to the side should be the same height as the deck floor) and onto the deck.

So I can use any strong bodies we can find, either only in Telford (if you are from that area) about 10-10:30ish and then about 2-3 hours later in Canadensis.

Or if anyone from up here wants to ride down together in the am and then back and help on both ends that is very cool too.

There will be beer, Tooties famous wings, her home made potato salad and her deviled eggs, along with burgers ready to go on the grille once we get back and get the tub unloaded!

Hit me up via PM or post here ... we don't want to have to read about me and Jim in traction in the hospital because we tried this alone, now do we?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Volunteers need for operation "damn that's heavy" this Sat, Telford - Canadensis

love to help but ill be working the range. im a sucker for a free meal in exchange for some labor.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Volunteers need for operation "damn that's heavy" this Sat, Telford - Canadensis

How many PAFOA'rs can you fit in a hot tub at the same time.....LOL

I'd help you in a heartbeat.....but live about 2.5 hours away!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Well after weeks of searching for a replacement hot tub we FINALLY bought on in Telford today. A bit bigger than we wanted but the price was a STEAL.

So anyway we have to pick it up this Saturday in Telford (right off 563 about 3 miles from 309). We have a truck and one strong body (Fingers) and myself but this thing weighs about 300 pounds empty. We have to move it about 50 yards from the back of these people's house, onto it's side and into the pick up. Haul it up here to Monroe county and then off the truck, over a 4' railing around our deck (the truck backed up to the side should be the same height as the deck floor) and onto the deck.

So I can use any strong bodies we can find, either only in Telford (if you are from that area) about 10-10:30ish and then about 2-3 hours later in Canadensis.

Or if anyone from up here wants to ride down together in the am and then back and help on both ends that is very cool too.

There will be beer, Tooties famous wings, her home made potato salad and her deviled eggs, along with burgers ready to go on the grille once we get back and get the tub unloaded!

Hit me up via PM or post here ... we don't want to have to read about me and Jim in traction in the hospital because we tried this alone, now do we?
    will there be zombie looking pictures if you guys end up in traction? (Just checking) :P

I have some stuff to do around the house but I can probably give you a hand, lemme talk to the wife and I'll let you know.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    will there be zombie looking pictures if you guys end up in traction? (Just checking) :P

I have some stuff to do around the house but I can probably give you a hand, lemme talk to the wife and I'll let you know.
    If you are just coming up here for the 'unloading' bring the wife too.

(Montgomery County)

DC, i can help in the Telford pick up (not sure about the "strong body" thing though - i'll try my best). Just let me know the exact time and location and i'll be there - you can send me a PM.

Oh, one more thing - if you don't get more volunteers, i'll try to force my son -in - law into helping too - so keep me updated on how many helpers you've got.
    Last edited by Guns4Fun; September 24th, 2009 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    DC, i can help in the Telford pick up (not sure about the "strong body" thing though - i'll try my best). Just let me know the exact time and location and i'll be there - you can send me a PM.

Oh, one more thing - if you don't get more volunteers, i'll try to force my son -in - law into helping too - so keep me updated on how many helpers you've got.
    Cool, that's 3 in Telford .. will PM the address to you later or in the morning

I have a convertable hand truck, that may make it easier.....

(Montgomery County)

Okay.

I have put my son-in-law on notice. If you don't get a 4th, i'll have him come and meet us there too (he's only about a half hour from Telford). Somehow i think 4 would be better. One for each corner. Besides, we're not as young as we used to be .

[QUOTE=Guns4Fun;912655]Okay.

I have put my son-in-law on notice. If you don't get a 4th, i'll have him come and meet us there too (he's only about a half hour from Telford). Somehow i think 4 would be better. One for each corner. Besides, we're not as young as we used to be .[/QUOTE]

Ah, he knows everything, huh?..............

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast