Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default SPORTING GOODS GARAGE SALE, AUG3-5

OK, here we go. Gather up your unneeded/unwanted/extra/wife says it has to go stuff and join me for a sale. This sale is open to all PaFOA members and their family/friends.

August 3, 4 and part of 5 (if you want). Hours will be 8 AM - 5 PM (3&4), 8 AM-Noon on 5 (If we decide to open on Sun)

I will host a garage sale for anyone interested in getting rid of excess hunting, fishing, shooting, mil surp, other sporting goods. NO TUPPERWARE/ETC (LOL). If handguns are sold I will act as the transfer agent at a reduced fee. FTF longarm sales don't require my services but I will have some bill of sale forms if anyone wants to use them.

I will place an ad in the Bargin Sheet and in the CDT. Those that participate can split the CDT costs. I have signs that I will place at various locations.

I have some tables and stuff to make tables but you are free to bring what you have. Separate tables for each seller will work best. I have fold up chairs (if business is slow).

We will set up inside and outside my 2 car garage. If weather is inclement we will set up inside the garage. At night everything will be stored/locked inside the garage or the gun shop.

Bring your stuff (already priced and with your name) anytime the week of the sale and I'll store it. I have secure storage for any firearms. I'll start setting everything up on the evening of the 2nd (Thursday). I'll be taking Friday the 3rd off so if you can't be there I will be. That's why I need stuff priced before hand. Also if you won't be there I will need to know how low you will go in price.

Post a reply/PM/Email/call me (those that have the shop number) letting me know that you are going to join us and for any other particulars or to have questions answered.

In the past, when I have advertised hunting/fishing stuff in a sale it has brought in a lot of people that normally wouldn't go to a sale, hopefully it will be this way also.

I will run an update to this thread at least once a week to remind you. Hope you can join us.

Ron
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Centre County)

Default Re: SPORTING GOODS GARAGE SALE, AUG3-5

CRAP!!!! That's the weekend of my family reunion!

(Dauphin County)

Double Crap!!! I'm leaving for Alaska on the 3rd
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

(Centre County)

Have had 2 replies so far and both were wash outs. I would like to have as many participants as possible as this makes for a better sale.

I now propose the following dates, let me know what would be best:

August 3,4,5; August 10, 11, 12; or sooner yet July 20, 21, 22 or July 27, 28, 29.

It doesn't matter to me, I'll still do the same things as in my opening post. I know that most people that would want to sell things would like to be there.

Please let me know as soon as possible what date would work best so I get get a majority consensus. If it is the earlier date in July I need to know by 12 or 13 July to be able to get ads run. If we finalize a date and someone can't make it, if they bring their stuff to my place we'll sell it for you and I'll get with you after the sale.

Lets make this a great sale, you very rarely (if ever) see garage sales that are specifically sporting goods. I think it will bring in a lot of customers.

By the way, I did say sporting goods, and I know I emphasized the shooting sports but bicycles, roller blades, ice skates, exercise equipment, camping equipment, etc. is also fair game. Leave the pots, pans, dishes, crafts, vases, electronics (other than predator calls), computers, etc for another sale.

(Dauphin County)

>sooner yet July 20, 21, 22 or July 27, 28, 29

better for me.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

(Centre County)

The SPORTING GOODS/MIL SURP GARAGE SALE DATE IS SET.

The sale will be: July 27, 28 and part of 29. Hours: 8 to 5 on 27, 28; 8-12 on 29 (last minute sales, tear down, payment, gab fest, beer drinking, etc.)

Location is: 307 Matilda Ave, Lemont

If you want to sell anything, or have any questions; post, send me a PM or call (and leave message) at 814-867-0867 (Ron's Gun Repair)

I will start setting up on July 26 (Thursday evening). If you want to sell something(s) and won't be around, bring it by the house that week (I'll let my wife know strange people may be showing up, possibly with guns, LOL). Have the price marked, your name on it and your lowest price (on something removable so only we know just in case someone wants to negotiate the price).

All participants will share the cost of the advertising. I will advertise in the CDT and Bargain Sheet and will make a post on the forum also.

Sporting goods/mil surp only please. Firearms can (and probably will) be sold, I will act as transfer agent for handguns.

Hope to have a good turn out of both sellers and buyers.

Your sale sounds like a great idea.

I have to tell you, some of my friends did something about the same as your sale but it was more of a tood/garden/power eqp. sale. We all ended up buying each others junk, had a few brews and went home to listen to the ol lady crab cause I brought home more than I took!

Good luck and have fun!!!

Hmm... don't think I have anything to sell, but I may stop by to see what sort of mil-surp stuff is up for grabs...