Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Feds charge Philadelphia gun dealer

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...gundealer.html

It doesn't really go into detail about what false statements or records not kept so I guess we'll have to stay tuned.

PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia gun dealer that has been the target of religious activists is now charged in federal court with making false statements and failing to keep records required by law.

The U.S. Attorney's Office announced charges against Colosimo's Inc. after business hours Tuesday. A man who answered the phone at the business said "What can I say?" to a reporter seeking comment and eventually hung up. Owner James Colosimo has previously said he follows all laws in his business.

Activists have targeted Colosimo's because of the number of guns sold there that end up being used in crimes. The owner has said that's to be expected from a high-volume dealership like his. He has said he believes he has saved lives by selling guns to police departments.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Feds charge Philadelphia gun dealer

Oh, so he only saves lives because he sells to police
    ?, what about the thousands of "civilians" that he sells guns to ? Arent thier lives worth anything? I guess not to mr Colosimos.

Boot licking jerks like these can always go out of business for all i care, I guess i think this way because after all i'm just a lowly "civilian"

Micheal Richard Nyman

(Philadelphia County)

Not the first time he's been in trouble for this.

His prices suck so I don't really care.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Willie D View Post
    Not the first time he's been in trouble for this.

His prices suck so I don't really care.
    Hi sprices may suck, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't support him in fighting against this witch hunt perpetrated to appease some freaking anti's being billed as community leaders.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    Hi sprices may suck, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't support him in fighting against this witch hunt perpetrated to appease some freaking anti's being billed as community leaders.
    Yes...innocent until proven guilty? Or are the Progressives unhappy with that too?

(Lackawanna County)

The last two times he was charged with this, the charges were unfounded or dismissed. I love how they release the charges BEFORE they finish the audit.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Philadelphia County)

Selling Brycos for $400 should be a mandatory 5 years upstate.

It is likely just a virtue of their location that they get some of the most unsavory customers in the city.
    Last edited by Willie D; September 23rd, 2009 at 11:48 PM.

(Berks County)

Where alot of guns are sold some will end up in crimes. It is a simple fact. I want to hear more of the story before I pass judgment on this gun dealer. Sounds fishy to me.

Any time the word "activist" appears in an article, especially when it is preceded by the word "religious," I automatically assume it's a witch hunt until someone proves otherwise - especially since this guy has been falsely accused of the same thing twice (at least) in the past.

Look at the list of people giving the press conference:

Rabbi Linda Holtzman of Mishkan Shalom Synagogue

Thomas Swain, Clerk, Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends

Bryan Miller, executive director of Cease Fire New Jersey

The Rt. Reverend Allen L. Bartlett Jr., and Mrgr. Michael J. Carroll, of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia

(Allegheny County)

He is closing the gun shop.

After years of controversy, Colosimo’s to close
    By Troy Graham

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Philadelphia gun-store owner James Colosimo plans to close his decades-old shop, which has been targeted recently with antiviolence protests and federal inquiries into its business practices.

Since protests this year, the Buruea of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives has filed a notice to revoke Colosimo's federal license to sell firearms, said Colosimo's attorney, Joe Canuso.

On Tuesday, the U.S. Attorney's Office accused the store of selling 10 guns to people employees "knew or had reason to believe" were illegal straw buyers.

Canuso said today that his client would not contest the effort to revoke his license. He said Colosimo was mulling whether to fight the criminal charge, which was filed against his corporation and carries maximum penalties of five years' probation and a $200,000 fine.

Colosimo waived his right to a grand-jury hearing, and the charge was filed in a criminal information, which often means a defendant plans to plead guilty.

"Mr. Colosimo just wants to get things resolved so he can move on with his life, so to speak," Canuso said.

By the time Colosimo makes his first appearance in court, he should have a date for closing his store, Canuso said.

"There will be something soon," he said.

Bryan Miller, from the interfaith, anti-gun-violence group Heeding God's Call, said data had shown for decades that Colosimo's, at 10th and Spring Garden Streets, had sold a "disproportionate number" of guns used in crimes.

Full Story,
    philly.com

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast