Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Mayors Against Illegal Guns in Beaver County

http://blog.pafoa.org/2009/09/21/tar...-against-guns/

Industry - Nicholas Yanosich
    Monaca - John Antoline
    Aliquippa - Anthony Battalini
    Midland - Angela Adkins

These are the mayors in Beaver County who may have been mis informed or who need the data clarified.

If you live in a town with one of these mayors please take some time to educate them. (let us know how it went!)

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...positions.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...egal-guns.html

some mayors have already resigned from the group after realizing what the group really stands for.
    Hate to overwhelm them if they just need more information.....
    Last edited by MrsMtnJack; September 22nd, 2009 at 08:42 PM.
    "Yell it from that Mountain High 'I was Born Free' " ~ Kid Rock

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Mayors Against Illegal Guns in Beaver County

of course the times had unbiased coverage of this on Sunday I don't know how they get away with spewing filth and calling it journalism - blanked out cuss words and references to teabagging.... here's the article from JD Prose...

Nobody in his right mind could oppose efforts to stem the flow of illegal guns into our communities, right? Well, we’ve never accused the National Rifle Association of being rational, have we?

It seems the NRA has targeted local mayors who joined Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the group founded by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to keep guns, according to its Web site, “out of the hands of criminals.”

Pretty good idea, huh? Not if you’re the NRA, which sees any gun-control effort as a way for the guv’mint TO TAKE YOUR GUNS!

In a postcard mailed to local members, the NRA has targeted Aliquippa Mayor Anthony Battalini, Industry Mayor Nicholas Yanosich, Midland Mayor Angela Adkins, Monaca Mayor John Antoline and Mayor Joe Cisco Jr. of Ellport.

The NRA warns its members that “despite its very misleading name,” MAIG is really out to TAKE AWAY YOUR GUNS! Weaving its conspiracy theory, the NRA says MAIG is really a “front group” created to lobby for federal restrictions on guns.

Only it’s not, and the mayors we talked to are all pro-gun. Heck, a few even own guns themselves. Maybe they’re trying to TAKE AWAY THEIR OWN GUNS?!? Wait, what? That doesn’t make any sense, and neither does the NRA.

The mayors told us that the NRA is (Surprise!) distorting their views and the intent of MAIG. “They’re saying something altogether different than what I’m for,” Adkins said.

Yanosich, a gun owner, said he would “drop out immediately” if MAIG was anti-gun.

“I would never be against the Second Amendment,” said Antoline, a gun owner.

Gun owner Cisco, like the other mayors, said he had no plans to drop his MAIG membership. “It’s the duty of every mayor to be against illegal guns,” he said. “I will not back down from (the NRA) when it comes to illegal guns.”

Can we mention that the mayors have received commendations from the state police for their involvement in MAIG? State police or the NRA? Hmmm, we know which side we’re on.

Now to Aliquippa, where illegal gun violence has plagued the city for decades. We know Battalini, and he doesn’t like being targeted by anyone, especially a group that couldn’t find Aliquippa on a map.

Battalini, a gun owner, said he’s getting pressure from NRA “stupid asses” who don’t live in his city, including, as he eloquently put it, an “a—hole from Hopewell.” He’s not taking this well.

“The NRA, they’re full of sh—,” Battalini said. Sounds like MAIG just got a new slogan.

STUPID IS AS ...

Forrest Gump didn’t have anything on a Times Web site commenter named “wildbill,” who posted the following about us in response to last week’s column: “He’s fake! This troll lacks the courage to stand for what he believes in and hides behind a fake name and calls people names.....how pathetic.....there are names for people like this.”

Names such as “wildbill,” maybe? This mental midget lies about us writing under a pseudonym while calling us names under a pseudonym. Sheesh.

Hypocrisy is lost on the stupid, and “wildbill,” make no mistake about it, you’re as stupid as they come.

SEEN & HEARD

l Congrats to Beaver County Commissioners Chairman Tony Amadio on the birth of his latest grandchild and (belatedly) to Commissioner Joe Spanik, who became a first-time granddaddy earlier this year.

Don’t play horsey too much, gents; those knees are going door-to-door in 2011. Aren’t they?

l Congrats also to state Rep. Jaret Gibbons and his wife, who are expecting a baby in February. Dealing with legislative “leaders” and Gov. Ed Rendell is good practice in handling children, Jaret.

l We don’t want to ignore Commissioner Charlie Camp, who sent us an e-mail back in August that included a photo of the courthouse minus the brush along Fourth Street. “The jail work crew got rid of the deadwood at the courthouse,” he wrote.

We expected to see photos of empty row offices. Bada-bing! Thanks for coming, folks! We’re here all week. Try the veal.

l We’re told the mere mention of U.S. Rep. Jason Altmire and Mayor Antoline drew catcalls at last week’s Teabaggers Ball at the courthouse: Altmire for being a left-winger and Antoline for his MAIG ties. Other than Altmire not being a left-winger and Antoline not being anti-gun, those teabaggers have the facts straight. (Sigh.)

(Beaver County)

I do want to say that Bill Vidonic was the reporter at the trial and did as fair a piece as I've seen come out of that particular monopoly...
    He tried to understand and I think he understood, for that he has my respect.

(Beaver County)

I followed that, and I was surprised at the reporting of the trial. However the editor and JD Prose have been on a rampage - tax this, gun owners this, shut up that, pay for my day care......even after the fair reporting on the trial, these two were in the paper days after calling folks names and bashing. They are really getting on my nerves. They are done getting my money.

(Beaver County)

You should have seen how livid this one Times sales rep got when (in a gas station) I vocalized my opinion that the Trib needs to expand to Beaver Co, and nothing bad would come of the Times going under. Found out that they apparently own a few TV stations as well as that paper, and he was quite insistent that the Times won't ever die.

(Beaver County)

I spoke with Industry Mayor Nicholas Yanosich tonight.
    He is a very thoughtful and intelligent man. I really enjoyed our discussion; though I must confess I was a bit intimidated about approaching him to discuss the mayors against illegal guns that he signed up with.

this is the gist of it.
    I first acknowleged my lack of firm information that was presented to him and only that I knew alot of people were against it. Then I asked him why he signed up for it and what he thought of it.
    He said I wasn't the first to talk with him, and some rudely.
    He confirmed my belief that he is a strong and true American and doesn't put his name to things lightly. He acts and thinks with integrity.
    He believes, as was presented to him, that this support may in some way save lives; and if even one life is saved, by going against illegal guns then it is worth it.
    He says the america he loves will never take guns off of its citizens, as that was not the intent of the group.
    Now knowing him to be a true American, I told him my biggest fear from that group. I told him I was not just concerned with this generation but the many to come. That it is our duty to protect our rights. we cannot as I see it wield power over good citizens because criminals are out of control.
    I mentioned my fear of registrations, not so much for today... but for powers in the future who could use that same registry to confiscate the weapons of our grandchildren. (He said I had a point there)
    I said I was concerned that continually laws are being enacted that infringe on good citizens because the criminals are out of control.
    He was very intent on understanding, as was I in understanding him.

I gave him a flier, told him my online names, and suggested he do some surfing to gather more information. He thought that was a good idea.
    I will follow up.

As he carries (CC?) for protection, we also talked about the Castle Doctrine and how it is being tied up again!!!!
    The council and school board member present were appalled.
    They didn't realize.

(for the other noble poll story go to: http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...marks-yet.html )
    Last edited by MrsMtnJack; November 4th, 2009 at 08:12 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Nice, good work. You're reinforcing the fact that these are important issues to be furthered for our all of our sakes.

Briefly, we said hello at the Chinese place earlier this year. But, hope to say hi again as your family has really put out the support. Thanks.

-SO
    F*S=k

(Beaver County)

rebump... did anyone else talk with any of these mayors?

(Beaver County)

yes i do live in monaca i know the mayor well. i will educate this man
    walk by faith not by sight

(Beaver County)

We have some literature that might help you! come see us first....

I think the main thing is to understand they it is a good thing and they think they are helping, however they may have been led astray.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast