Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Suppressor questions

I'm looking at getting a 9mm suppressor for use with my Sig P226 Blackwater Tactical and Glock 19. I'm very ignorant when it comes down to these things. Is there a way to use one with both guns? I know I need to get threaded barrels, but do I have to get barrels with matching twist etc? Help me out please.
    Happiness is warm gun (bang bang, shoot shoot)

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Suppressor questions

Quote Originally Posted by HamburgBoy84 View Post
    I'm looking at getting a 9mm suppressor for use with my Sig P226 Blackwater Tactical and Glock 19. I'm very ignorant when it comes down to these things. Is there a way to use one with both guns? I know I need to get threaded barrels, but do I have to get barrels with matching twist etc? Help me out please.
    As long as the barrels have the same threading (which is a good bet), you will be able to use the suppressor on both pistols. You can just unscrew from one pistol and screw it into the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Armstrong County)

Yes you can use the suppressor on both weapons. Well you can use it any 9mm weapon with the same thread pattern. Depending on which can you get, im pretty sure 99% are threaded 1/2x28. The HKs are the rare case, metric left handed threads.
    The can will require a booster, or LCD. This device allows the pistol to cycle when being used with a can. Its pretty much a piston and spring that uses the gas to eleviates the weight of the can from the barrel so the gun can cycle. These LCDs are available for each can from their manufacture. You can also get a standard threaded mount or a 3-lug adapter if you wanted to put the can on an 9mm AR.

You do not have to worry about matching twist rate with your barrels.
    Lone Wolf has barrels for your Glock, not sure on the Sig. Im sure some other memebers will chime in as well.

What suppressor are you looking at?

(Chester County)

Factory Sig barrels are going to be 13X1LH and most Glock threaded barrels like Lone Wolf seem to be 1/2X28RH. And those would be my barrels of choice, the Sig factory and the Lone Wolf for the Glock. Your best bet would be a can with pistons available in different threads like the AAC Evo 9, there are others but that is what I have and the only one I can think of right now, check out SWR, Gemtech etc. they probably do too.

My only hesitation is that there is the possibility that the BATFE is going to consider additional pistons as silencer parts and there may be some complications from this in the future if you have more than 1 piston per silencer. I don't think anyone knows what would happen in this case, certainly not me. But currently I think you can readily buy the additional pistons and that is the easiest route to go right now.

(Schuylkill County)

Thanks for the help guys. I'll do some more looking around and talk to my shop owner a little more.

(Schuylkill County)

Has anyone had experiences with EFKFiredragon barrels? They will custom thread both the Sig and Glock barrels to the same threading so my future suppressor will work with either with no problems.

As far as suppressors goes, any favorites out there? I'm looking for a good value model that has good sound decrease but won't destroy my credit.

Thanks

SWR Trident or AAC EVO ether will make you happy.

As for barrels get the SIG factory threaded barrel
    Then decide on a 13X1LH Glock barrel. (If you only had a G17 you could use a G17L or G34 barrel and have it threaded)
    Last edited by Mtdew; October 29th, 2009 at 07:26 PM.
    No, not billet martini glasses... Baffles.... EVIL Baffles

(Lehigh County)

+1 for the Sig Factory Barrel. I just picked one up from Top gun Supply. Not sure if they carry the Glock barrel you are looking for.

Either the SWR or the EVO supressor will defn make you happy. You should send ForceinPA a messge. He has an ad over in the NFA classified for 2 Trident9's. Great guy and awesome prices!!!

(Lebanon County)

SIG also makes factory 1.5x28 thrd barrels. This is the norm for 9mm cans. They also make the SRP pisztol too.