Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default PSP fingerprinting

I was looking at PA State Police web...looking for fingerprinting services and i see that they do have "fingerprinting for the Patriot Act". Is that an open to the public for any printing needed type of location? or will they only do it for Patriot Act stuff?

Need prints for CT license before CT doubles its rates

and what is printing for Patriout act?
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; September 21st, 2009 at 02:13 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PSP fingerprinting

Not sure about your question regarding PSP, but contact your local police department (says Levittown, but not sure which pd) and they can do the fingerprinting for you. I live in Yardley and went to Lower Makefield PD and they did the fingerprints for me.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Monroe County)

Schools and others use this service. It`s 36 bucks if I remember.
    https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index.htm

There is a Fairless Hills location
    https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dob.htm

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I was looking at PA State Police web...looking for fingerprinting services and i see that they do have "fingerprinting for the Patriot Act". Is that an open to the public for any printing needed type of location? or will they only do it for Patriot Act stuff?

The Patriot Act reference is for Commercial Drivers License holders who need a hazardous materials endorsement. The Patriot Act required CDL holders to complete a Federal Security Threat Assessment application and background check and get fingerprinted to get the hazmat permit.

+1 on getting the local PD to do the prints for you. Call first -- my local department only does them one day a week from 2-5 p.m. Only cost $5 though!
    Last edited by shiloh; September 21st, 2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: to add price on fingerprinting

I have seen other posts on here about folks getting FPed at PSP stations....as well as local PDs. Best to call the PSP barracks and ask 'em what days/times they do it, if you need an appt., etc.

(Berks County)

I had mine done at the local PSP station for free. They do it a couple of evenings a week after 5 pm here in Reading. You have to call first to make sure that their CSI crew is not out in the field at a scene. They filled in my cards for my Form 1 right there on the spot....even typed in the other information for me. Always call first.

The Capn'
    Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by shiloh View Post
    The Patriot Act reference is for Commercial Drivers License holders who need a hazardous materials endorsement. The Patriot Act required CDL holders to complete a Federal Security Threat Assessment application and background check and get fingerprinted to get the hazmat permit.

+1 on getting the local PD to do the prints for you. Call first -- my local department only does them one day a week from 2-5 p.m. Only cost $5 though!

As stated above the fingerprints for the Patriot Act are part of the Haz-Mat endorsement of the CDL, I had to do it for that and needed to get there during certain hours.

However getting printed for my Utah CWP was another story, the Delco barracks of the PSP would not print the general public for anything not work related, nor would Upper Darby Township police who would print for job related stuff but not a gun permit/license.

One nearby boro would but only one cop was able to do it and he was always otherwise occupied. I ended up getting my prints for Utah at the Chester County Sheriff's Office.

Good Luck, some places don't make anything easy when it comes to firearms, Delaware County Pennsylvania is one of those places.

(Washington County)

I needed fingerprints done for 2 sets of Form 4 papers (for suppressors), 4 print cards total, so I looked at the PSP page and found the information for the Washington County barracks.

I went during the hours they had listed as being 'open to the public' and when the receptionist asked why I needed the prints, I simply stated, 'ATF NFA application'.

I waited in the waiting room and was collected by a Sergeant from the Forensics Unit. I followed the Sergeant through a door, and as we walked along a hallway, he also asked why I needed the fingerprints done. I again said, 'ATF NFA application'. He didn't make any comments at that point in time, but later on while the cards were printing, he asked me what I was getting. My prints were done via a scanner, no ink involved, and all 4 cards were printed via a Lexmark laser printer

FWIW, I thought I was going to have to pay for getting the fingerprints done at the PSP, but I didn't have to pay anything.
    I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. -- Susan B. Anthony, July 1871

Maybe a dumb question, but when the FPs are done electronically, can you get a copy on a CD to keep for your records or for future use (other state's gun permits/licenses for example)?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Maybe a dumb question, but when the FPs are done electronically, can you get a copy on a CD to keep for your records or for future use (other state's gun permits/licenses for example)?
    THat would be nice....i have cards for FL, VA and CT...FL and VA both require prints done by LEO. I probably wont get all 3 of these states...likely just 2....but figure i'll try to get all 3 done at once just so they are already done.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast