Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Exclamation Pennsylvania Gun Owners Rights In Jeopardy

Pennsylvania Gun Owners Rights In Jeopardy!

This month, all gun owners in Pennsylvania need to stand-up and be heard. Anti-gun legislators, led by Representative Dwight Evans (D-Philadelphia), are pushing new gun control measures in Harrisburg. Pointing to data from a recent Pennsylvania Democratic Party funded poll that indicates suburban residents are concerned about gun violence, Evans stated that "legislators should move beyond boundary lines and party labels to take action on gun control."

Gun-control legislation has been dead on arrival in Harrisburg for more than a decade because the balance of the General Assembly supports the rights of gun owners. However, if Representative Evans and his supporters are successful this could change overnight.

However with your help, we can again stop this from happening!

Pennsylvania gun owners have two important dates to remember:

September 25th - Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Stewart Greenleaf (R-12) schedules final hearing in Harrisburg - On Monday, September 25, the Senate Judiciary Committee will be holding a final hearing to receive testimony relating to urban violence. The hearing will be held 10:00 A.M. in Room 8E-B of the East Wing.

Over the past several months, the committee has heard testimony from public officials and anti-gun zealots insisting on new gun control legislation to combat urban crime. This will be the final opportunity for PAFOA and NRA members to voice their concerns regarding the lack of enforcement and prosecution of federal and state firearm laws which has fueled violent crime over the past year. If your planning on testifying or need additional information, contact Gregg Warner of Sen. Greenleaf's office, (717) 787-6599 or gwarner@pasen.gov

September 26th - Committee of the Whole Meeting

On Tuesday, September 26, the House of Representatives will convene as a "Committee of the Whole" to focus on crime and violence in Pennsylvania. The Committee of the Whole is a rarely used legislative mechanism designed to allow for a more informal, free-flowing public debate of a particularly critical issue facing the Commonwealth.

Topics expected to be addressed include: "One-Gun-a-Month" legislation, elimination of statewide preemption, semi-automatic firearm bans as well as other anti-gun legislation which infringe on your rights as law-abiding gun owners.

The time is NOW!

PAFOA and NRA members across Pennsylvania must call or write their State Legislators and send the message that stiff punishment of criminals who commit crimes with guns is the key to stopping crimes committed with firearms.

You can contact your State Representative at (717) 787-2016 and State Senator at (717) 787-5920.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR STATE REPRESENTATIVE TODAY AND ASK THEM TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS!
    Last edited by doug; September 12th, 2006 at 04:31 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

You guys need to set up a webpage, where you fill in the blanks (Email, msg), hit "SEND EMAIL" button, and off it goes to our representatives.

Or something like that.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    You guys need to set up a webpage, where you fill in the blanks (Email, msg), hit "SEND EMAIL" button, and off it goes to our representatives.

Or something like that.
    I will never create one of these, most politicians I have seen speak on the matter say these are the absolute least impressive forms of contact, some just ignore them completely. Your best bet is always a call directly to your representatives office or a personally signed, mailed letter. Those are what gets someone's attention.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(York County)

i just sent an e-mail to my district senator, Patricia H Vance and Legislator Bruce Smith asking them to protect our rights to keep and bear arms.

To find your Representative, fill in your zip at the top right of this link.

(Chester County)

I sent an e-mail to the house and senate chairmen of the judiciary committee

(Montgomery County)

I called my local Rep's local office and asked if I could come in and speak with my Rep or one of his aide's. I will get to meet with someone tomorrow after work.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    I called my local Rep's local office and asked if I could come in and speak with my Rep or one of his aide's. I will get to meet with someone tomorrow after work.
    And *THAT* is how you get things done! Good work Siobhra!
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Montgomery County)

Called all three State Reps in my area and asked them to vote no on these bills.

Already heard back from representative Bunt, will follow up with Crahalla and Fichter.

As a side note I try to call the Harrisburg office as the local offies tend to be staffed by less professional staff. For example, when I called Crahalla's local office (Harrisburg office not answering) and expressed my opinion and explained the bills, the woman answered back "So you want more murders in Philadelphia?"

Whew, nice face to show to the public.