Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Rock River

(Mifflin County)

Default Rock River

Has anyone else had a bad experience dealing with Rock River's customer service? I ordered a barrel from them and they won't even tell me where I am on the backlog list. I had a friend who ordered a complete rifel and he could call and they would tell him how many people were in front of him. All I can get out of them is "We are allicating all our barrels for complete rifles". This doesn't seem fair due to the fact that they say the orders will be shipped on when the orders were recieved. should be first come first served right?

(York County)

Default Re: Rock River

Quote Originally Posted by rnev6 View Post
    Has anyone else had a bad experience dealing with Rock River's customer service? I ordered a barrel from them and they won't even tell me where I am on the backlog list. I had a friend who ordered a complete rifel and he could call and they would tell him how many people were in front of him. All I can get out of them is "We are allicating all our barrels for complete rifles". This doesn't seem fair due to the fact that they say the orders will be shipped on when the orders were recieved. should be first come first served right?
    Barrels are on significant backorder there. They are putting all their barrels into complete rifles there. They make much more money on a complete rifle so thats where their emphasis is. Id assume you have at least a 6 month wait.

(Mifflin County)

I had enough of dealing with Rock River. I E-mailed Del-Ton and they said they had what I needed so I called to make sure. The lady on the phone said I couldn't get that barrel by it's self, it had to be in an upper reciever kit but she let me get it anyway, Del-Ton is the best

(Monroe County)

I've had nothing but good rep with them. Then again we (Navy Rifle team) have delt directly with them for years.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by rnev6 View Post
    I ordered a barrel from them in January and have still not got it. whenever i called they were honest and straight forward by saying they have no clue when it will ship. the girl said she doesn't even remember the last time they shipped a single barrel. I was a little ticked at first, but atleast they were honest. there is an explicit notice in their January catalog on website saying they cannot quote ship times, so that is what i expected. I got everything else with no problem. I will / have been buying from them since.
    God Created Man. Sam Colt made them equal.
    FU BHO.

(Mifflin County)

I understand the wait but what makes me upset is when I ask them if my barrel is going to be put at the bottom of the list just because thats all I ordered they give me the runaround.They did tell me about allicating all the barrels for complete rifles.I would like to know exactly what that means.I guess I shouldn't be that upset because I found a barrel at Del-Ton. I'll just keep this one on order for my next build.