Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stolen FBI firearms

The FBI's Indianapolis office has posted a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest in the theft of weapons and equipment from a vehicle parked in a residential neighborhood in the northwest section of that city.
    During the evening hours of Sept. 16 and morning hours of Sept. 17, thieves broke into 10 additional vehicles or residences in the area, according to Michael Welch, special agent.
    The stolen weapons include an H & K MP5/10A3 10 mm gun, a Rock River Arms LAR-15 rifle, and a Springfield 1911A1 .45 caliber handgun. Additionally, a large green duffel-style gear bag was stolen that contained an FBI SWAT uniform and two sets of green-colored body armor, one set having FBI letters displayed on the front and back.
    The FBI, along with agents and officers of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE), the Indiana State Police (ISP), and the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD), are jointly investigating this matter.
    Anyone with information regarding the above is asked to contact the FBI's Indianapolis office at (317) 639-3301.
    http://www.policemag.com/Channel/Wea...n-Weapons.aspx
    -Remember the Constitution-

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Stolen FBI firearms

Well, THAT'S not good. If this was anything other than stupid kid thieves, what do you want to bet that the uniform is on its way to the G20 right now?
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lehigh County)

Why were they keeping firearms and tactical gear in an unattended vehicle parked in a residential neighborhood in the first place?
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Union County)

Thumbs down Re: Stolen FBI firearms

HA! $5000??? The profit from selling this stuff online will come to AT LEAST 2X or 3X that.... Cheap a$$ Government bastids. THEIR irresponsibility has allowed this shit onto the streets and instead of offering a REAL reward, they arrogantly post this shizzle. Agents should be out of a JOB for this kinda crap.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Well, THAT'S not good. If this was anything other than stupid kid thieves, what do you want to bet that the uniform is on its way to the G20 right now?
    They'll need more than just uniform to get inside the security zones.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Default your fired!

i hope they do....

though id like to get my grubby hands on some of this stuff :@ its a scary thought especially with the home invasions and the g20 news.....
    Last edited by beefcakeb0; September 21st, 2009 at 05:46 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: your fired!

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
    i hope they do....

though id like to get my grubby hands on some of this stuff :@ its a scary thought especially with the home invasions and the g20 news.....
    The home invasions worry me, I wont open the door for anyone I don't know, even if he says police. Slip the warrent under the door, but some of these older people in my area would. And if that happens do you think the FBI would admit the BG used equipment stolen from their vehicle.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    Why were they keeping firearms and tactical gear in an unattended vehicle parked in a residential neighborhood in the first place?
    This is quite common. Members of SWAT teams, SERT teams, and the like need to have all their equipment ready to go in case they get called in, and they are always on call. I know someone who was on the SERT team (who is now being bored to death in an office) whose car was full of all his gear, including all manner of guns, body armor, etc.

Just because someone breaks into one and steals stuff doesn't mean it's a bad practice. Guns get stolen all the time, just usually not from the FBI.

As an aside, please give me a 10mm MP5.

I can honestly say, this is not the first time this has happened, just maybe the first time a news agency has reported it!!!

Why was not the car alarmed which could have alerted the agent that had signed for the equipement and firearms? Or notified the local field office that a cars security had been breached by an unauthorized person? This is the world of 2009 and all kinds of techno stuff...

(Lackawanna County)

I thought that they went to MP5/40s so that their sidearms and subs used the same round...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast