Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAL's I built

(Mercer County)

Yes, they are .308. The FN FAL has been used by about 100 different countries. I have a list around here somewhere...
    fal country list.jpg
    Last edited by Tater; March 28th, 2006 at 12:45 PM.
    One should forgive ones enemies, but not before they are hanged. - Heinrich Heine

(Montgomery County)

man I love FALs.
    I got so annoyed with all my HK 308s that i dumped them and all the parts right after I shot a FAL for the first time.
    Had a nice pre-89 Izzy HB at one time, but sold it to raise cash for my M16.
    Since then I have built a STG-58 on an Imbel with the gear logo(has a FH on it now):
    http://www.bigboomstick.com/guns/glogoSTG.jpg

have a custom mongrel carbine, chopped STG barrel, imbel receiver and folder, other US parts, also has a shorty Stoll FH on it now:
    http://www.bigboomstick.com/guns/stg58para.jpg

Rehabbed a CAI thumbhole stocked L1A1 on a Imbel receiver thats still cut for metric mags, but has inch folding handle cut, and cut for the SUIT cover tabs. Added US parts, and got a nice stock set. Wish i could find a US made brit pattern flashhider, had to make do with a US made browning long:
    http://www.bigboomstick.com/guns/L1A1.jpg

and shortly after the AW ban ended, i put this monster together, FAL pistol.
    Imbel receiver, DSA OSW barrel set, ...this is fun. We were shooting bowling pins at 200yds with iron sights. I'm probably going to end up SBRing this eventually:-)
    http://www.bigboomstick.com/guns/falP01.jpg

did I mention I love FALs?
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Philadelphia County)

Looking good Tater!

JoeLad

(Mercer County)

JoeLad, Thanks! It's good to see you over here.
    One should forgive ones enemies, but not before they are hanged. - Heinrich Heine

(Bucks County)

Here's a couple of mine

(Mercer County)

WOW!!! Nice pair of Israelis! Did you build them and did you paint the FALO(heavy barrel Fal)? I really like that paint job! Brad

(Philadelphia County)

You guys just keep making me want to buy a FAL.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Mercer County)

danp, don't buy one, build one!!! They are so easy to build. Go over to www.falfiles.com and find someone in your area. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem finding someone who is willing to help. The best thing about building them is that you can build it up the way you want.....Inch or metric? Do you want a 16", 18", or 21" barrel? Open eared or closed eared gas blocks? Do you want a standard gas plug, grenade sight gas plug, or quick release gas plug? Do you want a type 1, 2, or 3 receiver? Carry handle cut or no carry handle cut? Do you want a folding charging handle, Israeli forward assist charging handle, or standard charging handle. Do you want wood furniture or synthetic? Humpback or straight stock like on the Austrian STG58, or do you want to build a paratrooper?.....and these are just off the top of my head.
    I spent 6 years in the Marines as an 0331(machinegunner). I humped the M60E3 for about four years on Camp Lejeune, including 2 Med. floats, and then I went to Quantico as a Weapons Instructor for the remainder of my tour. At Quantico I was attached to TBS(The Basic School) where we trained Junior Officers straight out of Officer Candidate School, student Warrant Officers, and major ranking Reservist Officers. I was one of the primary Instructors on the M240G(the "new" medium machinegun) and a secondary Instructor on the M2 .50cal and the MK19 40mm grenade launcher. The point that I'm trying to make is this...I carried, shot, disassembled, cleaned, reassembled, and gave instruction on weapons that I don't even know as well as I know the FN FAL. I never tore the M16 down any further than I was allowed to. Sure I know the machineguns but I don't know if I could build on from a parts box. Now, I can do that with a FAL! I now know how to trouble shoot my FAL if I have a problem. I can't do that with my Bushmaster AR15. As a matter of fact, I haven't shot my AR since I built my FAL's back in November of 04.
    Last edited by Tater; April 10th, 2006 at 01:06 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tater
    WOW!!! Nice pair of Israelis! Did you build them and did you paint the FALO(heavy barrel Fal)? I really like that paint job! Brad
    Built them, but when my gunsmith did the DuraCoat on the heavy barrel he basically disassembled it completely to bead blast everything to prep for the paint job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12