Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default PISTOL PEOPLE SHOULD BE CALLED PISSY PEOPLE

I moved to Bensalem about five months ago and found out that pistol people was about a mile down the street. I bought a used 9mm barrel from a buddy and wanted to run some rounds through it. I went to pp and bought a 15 rnd mag for my glock cause its a .40 and i diddnt have any 9 mags a box of 50 fmj and an hour of range time. Right before I went into fire em up I told the old red neck dude who was on the counter that I would be picking up my brass so I could reload them and he said you mean MY BRASS! WTF I paid for the shit, anyway, I went in and ripped threw the box paid and left. I mean screw that, if he was willing to jump on me about 1.25 in scrap value brass them I can spend my 20 range fee some where else. To the old asshat at pistol people screw you i can spend my money at clasic pistol and be treated proffesionally.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PISTOL PEOPLE SHOULD BE CALLED PISSY PEOPLE

I also went in there ONCE, about two years ago.

And I was also met with rudeness and extreme unprofessional behavior.

And I was ready to buy a freaking firearm from them, as well as join their range.

Their loss, not mine.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JUNKMAN JIM View Post
    I moved to Bensalem about five months ago and found out that pistol people was about a mile down the street. I bought a used 9mm barrel from a buddy and wanted to run some rounds through it. I went to pp and bought a 15 rnd mag for my glock cause its a .40 and i diddnt have any 9 mags a box of 50 fmj and an hour of range time. Right before I went into fire em up I told the old red neck dude who was on the counter that I would be picking up my brass so I could reload them and he said you mean MY BRASS! WTF I paid for the shit, anyway, I went in and ripped threw the box paid and left. I mean screw that, if he was willing to jump on me about 1.25 in scrap value brass them I can spend my 20 range fee some where else. To the old asshat at pistol people screw you i can spend my money at clasic pistol and be treated proffesionally.
    I am a member there. I know the owner(the guy you speak of).
    He jokes like that all the time. He does not care if you pick up your brass.

A lot of people hate this place because of him. If you go onto their website you can see his work experience.
    A quick look at that should tell you this guy is a hard ass ball buster.
    The guy calls it as he sees it. If you got a cheap ass gun you want to trade in he tell ya he won't buy that shit. If you look like you have no idea what your doing, he will get on your ass real quick.

He got me shooting strait. He has great prices. Great place to learn.

(Bucks County)

I gotta tell ya biggs I deal with ball busters all day (I manage a used auto parts junk yard) and I have to be nice and pleasent to the dregs of society. And there are some real scumbags out there. So when I'm spending my hard earned money with you I would like to be treated like an adult and in the manner that I treat my customers. But like I said after a long long long friggin day at work the last person who should be busting my balls is the guy I'm handing my money to.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    I am a member there. I know the owner(the guy you speak of).
    He jokes like that all the time. He does not care if you pick up your brass.

A lot of people hate this place because of him. If you go onto their website you can see his work experience.
    A quick look at that should tell you this guy is a hard ass ball buster.
    The guy calls it as he sees it. If you got a cheap ass gun you want to trade in he tell ya he won't buy that shit. If you look like you have no idea what your doing, he will get on your ass real quick.

He got me shooting strait. He has great prices. Great place to learn.
    I guess he gets soooooo much business he can afford to act like an asshole?

Being in business myself, I have to say that he is not doing a good job for his public relations. The ONLY time I am rude is if the customer is REALLY being an asshole. I can also tell if someone is the humoring type or the serious type. Humoring type I can get away with little jokes, the serious ones, I am quiet and we just do our business stuff. New customers in this case. People who have taken stuff to me since "forever", I know their personalities and act accordingly.

I don't know how someone who is always acting like an ass, joking or not, can stay in business. If he isn't a retiree, I hope he keeps his "day job".
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    I guess he gets soooooo much business he can afford to act like an asshole?

Being in business myself, I have to say that he is not doing a good job for his public relations. The ONLY time I am rude is if the customer is REALLY being an asshole. I can also tell if someone is the humoring type or the serious type. Humoring type I can get away with little jokes, the serious ones, I am quiet and we just do our business stuff. New customers in this case. People who have taken stuff to me since "forever", I know their personalities and act accordingly.

I don't know how someone who is always acting like an ass, joking or not, can stay in business. If he isn't a retiree, I hope he keeps his "day job".
    The guy is a old retired cop. He was on the philadelphia bomb squad for the most of his police career. Look at his profil on his website. The range is built on his land. His house is 5 feet away. He is at the range everyday from 11am to 9pm. On Sunday they close so he can maintain the range. Go in and look at the awards he has won for shooting.
    This guy does not do this for money. He is there to teach. He has a ball busting/jokeing attitude. If you want to be treated like a proper customer go else where. If you want to shoot or learn go to pistol people.
    The guy there knows what he is doing. To anyone thinking about going, please go. Walk in with an open mind. Be strait forward. Enjoy yourself.

The guy is a old retired cop. He was on the philadelphia bomb squad for the most of his police career. Look at his profil on his website. The range is built on his land. His house is 5 feet away. He is at the range everyday from 11am to 9pm. On Sunday they close so he can maintain the range. Go in and look at the awards he has won for shooting.
    This guy does not do this for money. He is there to teach. He has a ball busting/jokeing attitude. If you want to be treated like a proper customer go else where. If you want to shoot or learn go to pistol people.
    The guy there knows what he is doing. To anyone thinking about going, please go. Walk in with an open mind. Be strait forward. Enjoy yourself.
    I think many of the members here would want to be treated like a proper customer so thanks for the tip.

(Bucks County)

If you want to be treated like a proper customer go else where.
    I will and do. Just cause you are a good teacher doesn't mean you have to be a douche bag and treat the "proper customer" lousy. There are plenty of just as good or better teachers around. I'll spend my money there.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    I will and do. Just cause you are a good teacher doesn't mean you have to be a douche bag and treat the "proper customer" lousy. There are plenty of just as good or better teachers around. I'll spend my money there.
    I'm not saing he is a jerkoff. He is straight up. Very professional. Just has that old man sarcasm undertones.

I don't want to say you go through "hell week" but once you get on first name basis with him, the place is great.

Yea, most people want to go to a place, pay shoot and get a thanks come again when they leave.

I was not sure about this place at first either.
    But after going and talking with the guy, its great. I was shooting low and left all the time. I asked him if he could help and he got me shootin bullseye within 10 min. As I said in other posts, he will sit with you and tell you everything you would want to know about guns, saftey, ect. . . For free.

The reason I am speaking on behalf of this place is this:
    I have been to many ranges around the state of PA. I have been to many gun shops aswell.
    Yet, even tho Pistol People has its draw backs, its the only place I want to go to.
    It is what it is.

I'm an old man myself but outgrew that sarcasm crap many years ago. Perhaps some people never outgrow it. First impressions mean alot with potential customers but sounds like in his case he does not have to care about it. I can't see where being sarcastic to people you do not even know is professional. I am still trying to figure that out. Again, thanks for the tip. Now I know I can scratch him from my list of ranges that I will try.
    Last edited by frankie; September 19th, 2009 at 12:04 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast