Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Street waiting by the street...

Just read on philly.com that Mayor Street was waiting outside the Apple store from 3:30am until around noon, when he was replaced by his aid. He's looking to buy an iPhone. It says some girl went up to him and said "How can you sit here when there has already been 200 murders in the city?" and he said "I'm doing my job."

Gotta love it.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Street waiting by the street...

Amazing... Thankfully I do not live in the city.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Allegheny County)

I can understand it, we have a line by our store too

i dont see why its such a big deal for the apple iphone, minus the touchpad my motorola q can do the same things and i paid $75. and if you dont have windows with the iphone u cant use it with your comp. its a smartphone for apple computer users basically nothing super special i dont think, technology is out there already.. i have windows media player, and internet explorer on my phone.. plus ariel view google maps even.. i can drag and drop movies and open it right up, up to 2gb on my mini sd and i think they have a 4gb mini sd out now.....

AKA that phone is overhyped just because they spent more than anyother company out right now on advertisment

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    i dont see why its such a big deal for the apple iphone, minus the touchpad my motorola q can do the same things and i paid $75. and if you dont have windows with the iphone u cant use it with your comp. its a smartphone for apple computer users basically nothing super special i dont think, technology is out there already.. i have windows media player, and internet explorer on my phone.. plus ariel view google maps even.. i can drag and drop movies and open it right up, up to 2gb on my mini sd and i think they have a 4gb mini sd out now.....

AKA that phone is overhyped just because they spent more than anyother company out right now on advertisment
    You can use it on a PC, no Mac required. It's appeal is in it's UI more than anything I think. Check out the website, it really is a cool gizmo.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
    Just read on philly.com that Mayor Street was waiting outside the Apple store from 3:30am until around noon, when he was replaced by his aid. He's looking to buy an iPhone. It says some girl went up to him and said "How can you sit here when there has already been 200 murders in the city?" and he said "I'm doing my job."

Gotta love it.
    He has to get his I phone before he leaves office, otherwise he will have to pay for it himself. It is a small price to pay to keep this clown out of city hall.
    Last edited by reels18; June 29th, 2007 at 05:08 PM.

Man, can't we just enjoy cordless house phones? Cells suck, no matter what ya add to em! A Philly mayor buying one is all the proof you need of that :P

You know, its funny, every time some thing new comes out, there are people out there ready to pay top dollar to be the first to be lab rats on it.

Here is my question to I-Phone people, just how busy is your life that you constantly need to be near a source of internet?

I have a fairly simple phone, at work, it acts as a book prop to keep my book up so I dont have to pick it up to read it, then on breaks, it becoems a watch, after work, it becomes an emergency device in case of a mechanical break down on the car.

Other then that, it filters calls all day, never rings, just goes direct to voice mail where I can delete calls as I wish.

i work 8 hours per day attached to a phone head set, last thing I want to do when I leave work is talk to some one i cant see. So to me a cell phone is usefull only in case of emergency. Other then that, its a weight i carry on my belt all day just in case.

Hey! almost sounds like a gun dont it? wonder if i should get a PCP (phone carry permit)
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

If you need a phone that plays music, movies, and browses the internet, you have no life and need a girlfriend. You know people have their priorities mixed up when they camp out in front of a store for a phone. I wonder how many people called off work/missed school to wait in line for that stupid thing.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
    If you need a phone that plays music, movies, and browses the internet, you have no life and need a girlfriend. You know people have their priorities mixed up when they camp out in front of a store for a phone. I wonder how many people called off work/missed school to wait in line for that stupid thing.
    +1, i don't even text message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast