Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Open Carry in and around allegheny county.

I wanted to start a thread with the same intention as the luzerne open carry thread where you post where you went and how it went while you where OCing..

(Erie County)

Default Re: Open Carry in and around allegheny county.

Skuggi has gave us some great documenting is this regard over on the west side (Sto-Rox-Robinson area)

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/showthrea...eferrerid=2476

(Allegheny County)

Skuggi's got a great thread going there, but I thought some may be interested in hearing of my recent OC "baby steps".

We had our PAFOA Group Shoot on Sunday and I decided to wear my SERPA holster because we were going to be running some IPSC style shoots...
    I stopped at Sheetz (Bottom of Mosside Blvd.) to get ice for the cooler. Couldn't say if anyone pumping gas was alarmed, I didn't look. I dropped the tailgate and made two trips to get the ice and throw it in the cooler. I went inside, was asked to move around to the other register, paid and walked out. (There were two people behind me as I paid) I got in the truck and looked into the store expecting to see people looking my way and pointing, but that wasn't the case.

Called the wife from the shoot and she asked me to pick up some things at Aldi's on the way home...(Rt 30, N. Versailles by Home Depot)
    Walked in, passing a couple on the way through the entrance, asked a lady to point me in the direction of the items I was looking for and proceeded to shop. One double-take from a man w/a baby in his cart, but that's it. (that I noticed... I wasn't turning around to try and "catch" people looking!) I even had to wait for the cashier and several people lined up behind me as I waited to pay. Handgun plainly visible as I was standing with my side to them. The cashier was very pleasant, even inviting me to shop with them again, (I mentioned it was my first time in an Aldis) and I left without the world ending.

Oh, and just in case anyone wonders if they thought I was a cop, here's what I was wearing... sorry for the poor quality. (and large size! Scroll over...)

I posted this on another OC thread and cz_40p said...
    I am sorry Emptymag, but if I saw you out and about, I would just assume .................off duty cop. No offense.
    Maybe I should lay off the donuts?
    Actually, I think that's what most people would assume... COP.
    I'd have to ask, (to the public) why would an off duty cop wear a handgun openly? It really IS funny, because I too, would assume someone with a gun in a holster is some form of law enforcement. (until now!)

I doubt I'll OC all the time, but this first excursion into OC was... well, VERY interesting. It's hard to explain, but if you own firearms and enjoy the fact that as an American you have the RIGHT to do so... multiply that feeling x 1,000!
    It felt good to not "hide" my handgun and I think it could lead to interesting conversations... or harassing "conversations" by law enforcement perhaps... but not this time.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Luzerne County)

Good for you on the "baby steps".

(Allegheny County)

Uh oh, looks like EM's catchin the OC bug all ya need to do now EM is just walk by an officer.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skuggi View Post
    Uh oh, looks like EM's catchin the OC bug all ya need to do now EM is just walk by an officer.
    First time walking by an officer, absoulute TERROR!!! after that, no big deal!!
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

(Allegheny County)

OC Turtle Creek police station, to file report for neighbors letting their dog on my yard to relive itself for the past 2 weeks...

Mcdonalds in North Versailles where my wife is an asst mgr. Only comments from the employees because they know my wife.

PNC bank North Versailles. Non event.. no looks no questions.

Walmart North Versailes. Saucer eyes from the 80 + year old door greeter, otherwise no other issues. bought plenty of ammo.

Around my house and up and down the block walking the Dog. Most of my neighbors are former military and carry too!! (not the dog people).

Wilkins township and Turtle Creek police no longer bother me after getting copies of Lonnies training doc.

Black jeans, polo 3 button shirt, g23 in the serpa.
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon118 View Post
    First time walking by an officer, absoulute TERROR!!! after that, no big deal!!
    meh, wouldn't say terror, I was more like "Well, lets see how this goes." I think the key is to know the law is on YOUR side

(Westmoreland County)

When I OC, the only comments I ever seem to get are from kids..."Hey Mr., is that a real gun? Are you a police officer?" Never seems to fail...I hate being put on the spot by 10 year olds!

Needless to say, I prefer to CC...

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Beaver County)

Hey emptymag looks like you have my rig on,make sure theres no stones in your latch,i love my plastic tools.A class rig for sure.Just kidding about the stone.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast