Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

Quote Originally Posted by Trucker G View Post
    My wife and I are looking for a quality gun shop. She is new to owning guns and I have not handled a gun in 20 years. Is the Trop a friendly shop for the inexperienced? We have taken some training classes together and would like to start recreational shooting and have personal protection at home. Any and all input is appreciated.

Greg
    You will treated with the utmost respect. And you will get great service before and after the sale. I bought my 3 rugers there and had nothing but a great experiance. And to me customer service trumps price and anything else. But I got good prices right inline with everyone else and cheaper that some.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks to all for private messages. We will visiting some local gun shops this weekend. We have visited the local big box stores and only one person was really of any help in helping my wife find a gun that fits her. His name was Mark at Bass pro, a retired Army Vet. I will post how we make out. Good customer service goes a long way with me. I don't mind pay a little more to support a local owned shop in return for great service.

(Lancaster County)

I visited the Trop yesterday and was treated quite pleasantly by all the staff that I came in contact with
    even though I made it clear I was only in for a box or two of ammo and wasn't buying anything expensive.

I wound up buying a range bag as well.

Attractive, knowledgeable, and chatty female workers were a plus, too, IMO.

I'll be back.

I'm also looking forward to patronizing their range when it opens.

(Lancaster County)

Thumbs up Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

Ok, have to post an extremely good story about The Trop.

Back in March, I purchased a suppressor and started the paperwork with them. I paid in full at that time. Today, they call and say the paperwork is back, come get it but there's some other good news. They then proceed to tell me that the price dropped on the suppressor and they are giving me a gift card for the difference.

I was shocked to say the least. They have truly won me over a customer now. Prior to the new management, I had a solid dislike of the place. Now I'm actually happy to say I'm a customer of their's.

(Cumberland County)

Thumbs up Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

Stopped in the Trop This afternoon around 4:30pm. The gun counter was busy, busy. Wife and I had a great experience! Avery was a great help in answering some questions we both had. He help us find an IWB Holster, and a couple other items. All the staff we spoke with were very friendly, attentive and ready to help if they were not already assisting a customer. Nice variety of just about anything you might need right away. We will surely be back if we need anything!

Greg

(Lancaster County)

Just thought I'd post an update, since I posted a while back.
    A couple of folks from the shop sent messages inquiring about my initial post. Although comments on here are pretty mixed, I figured at least stopping in a second time couldn't hurt.
    The second experience was much more positive.

(York County)

I became a recent customer there and they have been good to me.

First visit I saw there sale flier and there was a good deal on ammo. The sale ended Sunday and I called Monday the girl said they would honor the sale price and I thought cool but can't get there until Thursday.

She said she couldn't honor it that long but if I put twenty on a credit card they would do lay away at that price again I thought cool. Next thing I knew I said screw it and drove straight there did a quick look around and bought 2000 rounds of 9mm.

Since then I have been back 5 or 6 times and spent over $1000 on stuff, no firearms mostly bullets, brass, powder and dies. I have been enjoying shooting my own hand-load's in assorted calibers.

They have been very helpful and friendly
    Last edited by r horn; October 8th, 2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: sp

(Lehigh County)

Great sale and shop the 1.5hr drive was worth it...ill be back for the next sale
    common sense is a mf

(Lancaster County)

Just stopped there tonight for the first time in a few years. And I live about 400 yards away! I have been reading good reviews here so I'd thought I'd give it a try.
    I am quite the neophyte when it comes to guns. I just know I have the right to own them, therefore I do. I also enjoy shooting as does my 12 year old son. Just not a "real gun guy".
    I walked in and was pleasantly greeted immediately. I walked up to the counter just looking around and within 10 seconds I was asked if I needed help.
    Tom answered all of my (stupid) questions and was very respectful despite my ignorance of the guns we were looking at.
    I will be buying my son a Ruger 10/22 soon and I will buy it from Trop's. Great experience.
    DiscoSux refers to my Land Rover Discovery but I don't care for the music either...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus6d9 View Post
    Great sale and shop the 1.5hr drive was worth it...ill be back for the next sale
    Glad you made the drive, and we hope to see you back soon!

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast