Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

My wife like how my Trop ammo purchases now come in pink bags. I guess it is part of the women friendly thing. The bag is functional. No complaints from me. I sure Dave will balance it with camo bags, bags with beer images, chainsaws, and/or monster trucks at some point.

"Remember to keep your stick on the ice and we're all in this together."
    Why do people fearing guns call persons with guns (cops) when threatened?

(Lancaster County)

No kidding KMAG. I got home with my stuff and my wife said "oooh, can I have that bag?". LOL

Gotta say too that I've had a few really good experiences there lately.

(Lancaster County)

Question Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

I met some of the folks affiliated with Trop at a charity event this morning and was pretty impressed, but when I stopped by the shop I was met with someone who's clearly of the "good ol' boy" variety. He had absolutely zero desire to speak to me and made no effort to hide that fact.
    I'm trying to decide whether to give the place a second chance or go elsewhere.
    If I'm going to drop a significant chunk of change on a handgun, I'd like it to be a place I can go back to for accessories, ammo, etc. and that was a decidedly unpleasant experience.
    Is there a particular day or time I'm likely to have better luck there, or will it always be so hit or miss?

(Chester County)

That's a side effect of not earning commissions on sales I guess. When I worked there my commissions made up more of my check then my wage. They moved away from that model so less pressure to help a buyer make a purchase. I worked there in the mid 90s.

I stop in a couple times a month but I know what I am looking at or for so I could care if they hold my hand while I am looking. I ask to look at what I am interested in and that's all I need.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterbore View Post
    I stop in a couple times a month but I know what I am looking at or for so I could care if they hold my hand while I am looking. I ask to look at what I am interested in and that's all I need.
    I'm going to assume that was in response, at least indirectly, to my post, so I figure I might as well clarify...
    I actually did go in with something specific in mind, although I would have been open to suggestions for similar items if it was unavailable.

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

Well maybe you should come check out my store,... I also have a range!!!!

(Lancaster County)

I heard about Trop buying the old Toshiba building awhile back. Glad to see it wasn't a rumor. I'm hoping the range fees are reasonable or even better would be yearly memberships. The option of renting guns to try out would be a big plus.
    We (extended family and most of my friends) stopped going to Trop years ago because of poor customer service. Since the change in ownership I've been in quite a bit. We've bought a few guns since then and usually stop by for all the sales.

(Lackawanna County)

We will have rental guns!

(York County)

I have one request for rental guns. Can you make avaliable small packs of ammo to use in the rental guns. I understand why shops what us to buy the ammo from you guys so you know what's getting shot thru your guns. I was at a range and asked about renting a S&W 500 which was a resonable rate for a half hour in the range. But they would not let me rent it unless I bought a full box of their ammo. So it would have cost me almost $100. With a handgun like that all I'm sure 5 shots would have been plenty.
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun

(Lancaster County)

Below is my original post concerning Trop Gun Shop (January 2009).

As I was upset with the service I received there, I made it a point to log on and have my say. The initial experience left such a bad taste in my mouth that I have not set foot in their store since December of 2008.

After seeing some of the reviews being posted here since newer management has taken over, my recent move to Elizabethtown, and the current sale on 45acp ammunition, I walked through their doors for the second time yesterday (I even joined the Rewards Program).

Granted I only purchased ammo, but the overall experience has satisfied me enough to go back again. I love supporting local gun shops, and I will keep supporting Trop as long as the experiences remain satisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac5454 View Post
    I went in there about 2 weeks ago looking for my first handgun purchase. I went against advice from a friend of mine. I should have taken his advice. I knew what I was looking for but asked the gentleman to show me some and he seemed agitated by me asking to look. It is funny because I was the only one in there. Terrible service and prices are terrible as well. I looked at a used gun in at Trops that was selling for more than a brand new on down the road at Kinsey's.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast