Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Question Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    Did it once here worked out great. Put another up no bites. Put it up again no bites. Needed the cash so had to do it.
    Did you try Gunbroker.com?

(Chester County)

Default Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

I've been going to trop as long as i can remember I belvie before the back room was added

anyway i've never had an issue there in the last year i bought a SA GI1911 guy. it was @25 cheaper than the one at Kinseys. but i like those guys too.

They have a nice selection of reloading stuff.

i suppose my only complaint would be they are not open on sundays

(Lancaster County)

This past week they have a "UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT" sign up. I wonder what that means in reality.

Any excuses posted are meaningless. In business you must treat EVERYONE with equal respect. Bad experiences are too numerous at Trop, they need to straighten up.

I live about 1/2 mile from Trop but go to Kinsey's to buy anything I may need. The guys behind the counter are knowledgeable, especially to a firearm newbie like me.

I think I will drop in to Trop again to see if the attitude has changed under "new management". I like to support the small guys but I am not willing to sacrifice proper respect.
    DiscoSux refers to my Land Rover Discovery but I don't care for the music either...

(Lancaster County)

The true mesure of a success in businessis is not mesured in its day to day operation,but how well one corrects its mistakes!

(Lebanon County)

I picked up a Serpa holster,nylon IWB, and some hydra-shock 9mm last week. The guy behind the counter was cool with me taking a glock 19 from behind the counter to fit the holsters, and then spoke with me about the differences about self defence ammo. Good experiance.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

(York County)

I bought my SP101 at the Trop Gun Shop yesterday. The staff was quite patient while I fondled a few different revolvers, and the price was the same as two other shops. Ammo prices at Trop seem to be the lowest in the area. I 've bought a fair amount of rimfire ammo there. CCI Blazers are $15 a brick.
    I like the place.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoSux View Post
    This past week they have a "UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT" sign up. I wonder what that means in reality.

Any excuses posted are meaningless. In business you must treat EVERYONE with equal respect. Bad experiences are too numerous at Trop, they need to straighten up.

I live about 1/2 mile from Trop but go to Kinsey's to buy anything I may need. The guys behind the counter are knowledgeable, especially to a firearm newbie like me.

I think I will drop in to Trop again to see if the attitude has changed under "new management". I like to support the small guys but I am not willing to sacrifice proper respect.
    I stopped in on Wednesday to pick up some ammo and mentioned the sign to the guy behind the counter. He directed me right to the new owner. The new guy (I'm bad with names, sorry) told me that they are expanding the showroom, adding alot more reloading gear, starting to give reloading classes, expanding the tactical department, bringing in some new lines like Lewis Machine & Tool and becoming a class III dealer. He said that the class III stuff should be finished and up and running by the end of summer. I'd like to see them bring in STI, Double Star and Daniel Defense too. And some Para's would be nice, as well.

(Lancaster County)

Welcome utopia !!!!! Well expansion and improvememnts are good and offering more options to the customer are also good.Most of the in my 20+ years of patronizing the store the employees are happy to see you and helpful.but the other half are not very motovated and lacking a resonable scope of not only the firearms industry,but have the unfailing abiltity to demonstrate any advanced knowledge of fireams above there paygrade! So much for expansion and improvements!

(Lebanon County)

Well well, another gun store jumping into the class3 buisness. All I can say is buyer beware. Im not tooting my horn, but I've owned titleII firearms and suppressors for about 12 yrs now, and have been a dealer for the past 5.

All these new guys really have no clue how a suppressor works let alone should they sell one to the public. I'ts pretty much like taking your porsch to a chevy dealer for repair. They order a few cans from the 2 or 3 bigger can makers and now they become experts in the field. Please, anyone buying a can , or, who has a friend interested in buying one, do your homework.

Talk to multiple dealers. Hit up the gun shows, there are a few very experienced dealers who will answer your questions. My good friend Henry Smith who's been in buisness for over 20+ years is one; off the top of my head. Dennis Todd has alot of experience with Knight's cans. Even Major Malfunction, who everyone knows I'm not a fan of, Has started a new web site dedicated to suppressors. He has alot of good info. There is also a pay-site called silencer reasearch, but It costs 30 dollars a year, but has tons of data.

You read all the horror stories on here about gun shop's with sales staff who have no clue about guns, what do you think they will know about suppressors.

(Lancaster County)

Well put Force! I am confused as to why the new owners think that by just adding new lines of product you become a player overnight.There are countless of counter people in guns shops(we've all seen them)who have the attention span of a nat when it comes to gun knowledge.Perhaps training your staff in product knowledge and SALES as opposed to standing behind a counter with arms folded taking orders, now that would be a great place to start. then introduce the new products.Just my thought.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast