Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

Ok, just so folks can see that I can be objective, I'm going to share a positive story about the Trop Gun Shop (unlike my earlier posts which were pretty harsh).

Last night I stopped in with my 8 year old daugther because I saw that they had a few used Smith and Wesson J Frame Revolvers listed on their used gun list online.

I entered the store and was greeted with a "Evening" from behind the rifle counter, to which I replied the same. I then made my way over the the handgun section where the manager "Bud" was behind the counter. While I don't know "Bud" well, I have had many business dealings with him over the past 20 years. He offered my daughter a lollipop from the stash behind the counter which my daugther got a kick out of.

I asked about the used S&W Model 36 in the case, and also if the 2 used S&W 642's had internal locks (both did, ugggh, not interested now). He pulled out the Model 36 and I was instantly smitten. Beautiful 99% condition sample that is a Model 36 no dash, Round Butt version with factory grips. Faint cylinder line and virtually no wear anywhere (hence 99%). No Box or Manuals but it did come with an older leather Boyt case. Price $399. I'll take it.

While filling out the paperwork we talked about the past. Reminisced about the old Shelly's Gun shop in New Cumberland where he use to work. I also chatted with a guy who use to work at Kinseys who said he remembered me buying a few guns from him there. After filling out the paperwork Bud said that the pistol was traded by a gentlemen in his 80's and that he bought the gun new, had only shot it a few times and stored it in his dresser. I showed it to the guys/gals on S&W forum and they narrowed down its production date to 1968 or 1969.

Overall it was a positive experience which has been very rare for me in that shop.

Oh, and here is the 36!

(Lebanon County)

You are correct!! There pricses have Skyrocketed. They have a new owner. The guys that work there are GREAT!! The new owner I am told is only out to make make a buck at your loss. Kinseys is much better. They will treat you fair.

(Lancaster County)

Question Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

I bought a handgun there a few weeks ago for a decent price. clerks were very nice and helpful. but i have heard that the new owner canned all of the old employees and replaced them w/ younger guys which i find ,if true ,to be very distasteful!!!!!!!!!

(Lebanon County)

Yes, very distasteful. Take a look at their sign out front this weekend. I am in no way protecting Kinseys. They do not need my help. The new owners have showed their true colors with that sign. Like I said, I do like the guys who work at Trops. Too bad they now have a Bernie Madoff "want to be" for owner.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberarms View Post
    Yes, very distasteful. Take a look at their sign out front this weekend. I am in no way protecting Kinseys. They do not need my help. The new owners have showed their true colors with that sign. Like I said, I do like the guys who work at Trops. Too bad they now have a Bernie Madoff "want to be" for owner.
    What's on the sign?

(York County)

I work at World Cup Ski & Bike Shop in Camp Hill, Pa. Had the pleasure of
    meeting the owner of Trop's at our new location. She was very pleasant.
    Talked about bussiness. She told me that she has taken on a new partner
    in the bussiness and they are or will be remodelong. Looking to make major
    improvements. So I do not know if this information has been posted, but
    maybe things will be changing for the better in the future.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

Love the shop and their people. Just wish they could offer more money when you bring in your used gun.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    Love the shop and their people. Just wish they could offer more money when you bring in your used gun.
    Been there; done that. I used to do trade-ins, but the classifieds are so easy to use here on PAFOA that private sales are now the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbydan View Post
    Been there; done that. I used to do trade-ins, but the classifieds are so easy to use here on PAFOA that private sales are now the only way to go.
    Did it once here worked out great. Put another up no bites. Put it up again no bites. Needed the cash so had to do it.

(Somerset County)

Bought a shellholder there this evening. Staff was pleasant and the price was the same as I would pay anywhere else.

Dale

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast