Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

Quote Originally Posted by joes chickie View Post
    Thanks TropGuy for the info on submitting customer complaint. I just got done reading this thread before I submitted my complaint email to the owner. It is in regards to what is posted on the sign as of today (Feb. 11, 2009) and what I found out to be confusing and falsly posted. My boyfriend is into guns and he is teaching me alot about them, which I'm very interested in.

Either fix the sign or post on what it is truly about. I was thinking from what the sign states that AR15 223 in stock (223 is in white like the other prices on the board). To make a long story short it is the caliber of some Stouger 9 mm for 329. I was very mad and told the guy in the store today that what is posted on the sign does not state that it is a Stouger 9mm for 329 and AR15 caliber. It reads like it is an AR15 (rifle or pistol) and the WHITE numbers 223, thinking since all other prices on either side of the board is WHITE that the AR15's are $223.

I will not deal with them ever again.

Youre bashing them because YOU didnt understand the sign?

I stopped in a few days ago at the prodding of my buddy. I normally only hit Kinsey's on my 283 runs but it had been awhile since I went to Trops, so I stopped. I have to admit the men behind the counter weren't rude nor did they ignore me! A first! That was the reason I had stopped going in the past.

I browsed the selection and then was immediately reminded why I usually only stop at Kinsey's: I spot a Soviet M44. I pull it off the rack and the tag reads $250. Wow...MO double dated? Unrefurb'd? Finn capture mark? Hitler's signature on the stock? Nope...a plane-jane 1946 M44. If there was something I missed I'd love to know what it was...otherwise it's a $79 gunshow special.

(York County)

250 is high for an m44 although you cant even get one for 79.99 dealer cost anymore

(Berks County)

I looked at that last week- I think I know how they keep the ammo prices down...
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Lancaster County)

I stopped in yesterday to browse through the holsters and found they had new Glock magazines for $40

(York County)

Well...I don't mean to dig up a long lost thread but I just wanted to share my experience from today.

I just HAD to get my hands on an M&P 15/22 and after reading everything I could and checking prices at quite a few shops....I found that Trop had the best price at $420 and extra magazines for $20.
    I walked in told the guy behind the counter (I believe it was 'Avery') what I wanted and I was in and out of the shop with my new M&P, extra mag, Red Dot sight and nice AR size rifle case for around $500 and in less than 20mins.

Simply could not have been a better experience! I have bought some other things from Trop in the past and have found them to be honest and good prices as long as you do your homework.

Just wanted to share that for those who may be thinking of checking them out.

(Lancaster County)

Avery is one of the few nice guys in there. He is the big guy with the gray beard/goatee. I bought a p-11 from him the other day, great guy to deal with. I like the other younger guy that has dark hair and a buzz cut / almost balding. He is a great guy to deal with. The rest of them if they dont know you forget it.
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

I need to weigh in on this trop debate, I used to also not go there because of the problems most have with the staff... bottom line, compared to kinseys... prices are rock bottom. The guys I deal with are usually OK, and I'll deal with OK service for good prices! I'll swear by them!

(Lancaster County)

Also I went in to buy a M&P 15 a few weeks ago and after tal;king with a guy behind the counter (guy who does the used guns online? not sure his name) He spent a GOOD, 30+ minutes talking carry gun options with me, helped me pick out a gun, tried numerous holsters and even ammo! Great guy and knew his stuff! Def go back!

(York County)

Thought I would add my personal experience with Tropes. Stopped to see what I was missing since I was in the area. I walked out with a new holster for G26 and my wife walked out with a new S&W M&P 9 Pro Series. We thought the service and prices were great. My wife does not research anything before she buys, she's all about the feel of the gun and making a decision on the spot. I drives me nuts I'll spend three months making spread sheets and stressing over my next firearm. But it works for her. She must have had a dozen guns out looking and comparing them all. The Tropes staff was great and we had a lot of fun. We are looking forward to our next purchase at Tropes. She's already eyeing up a Remington 700 in .243 for dear season.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast