Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Thumbs up Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

I was there today looking for some 380 ammo, and the prices where so so.
    50 rounds of Blazer Brass for $15.00.

I saw the American Eagle 5.56 XM193 for $7.99/box, but as I was leaving the down stairs area I saw on an end display American Eagle 5.56 XM193 200 rounds for $76.99. That's cheaper than the Fed. ammo at Wallmart.

They also had 500, and 1000 rnd cases of the same stuff. If I wouldn't have just bought 500 rounds of S&B from ATG I would have picked up a case of 500for $189 from Trop's and save $10 bucks + shipping.

Thumbs up for Trop.
    Timor mortis morte pejor.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

I stopped doing business with Trop a few years ago. Thier customer service is lacking, thier attitude is big, and thier prices are salty. I really miss thier old gun smith. Is he still doing work or did her retire?

(Dauphin County)

WHOA I had to go to TROP to get some ammo i couldnt find anywhere around harrisburg and i actually got GOOD service today. I walked in and there was about 5-6 ppl in the store and the guy that is usually at the handgun counter (Avery i think his name is) actually greeted me..."welcome to trops what can i help you find" WOW...i had to look at where I was at to make sure i wasn't in another gun shop. I got my ammo and looked around a bit....found a holster i wanted to see if it fit my gun and he actually pulled the gun out to see if it would fit from the case. There was alos another guy there (younger guy) who was being the gun counter and was quite helpful and he atleast tried to have a conversation with me....rather than ignoring me. Today was a good exp. at Trop...my first one in about 10 visits though.

FYI if you need 9mm ammo they have blazer brass on sale for 8.99 a box.......cant beat that

(Dauphin County)

I shop at trop off and on alot, I have found there ammo prices to be inflated, I can drive to bass pro or walmart to get anything that I need, but on the other hand I have started reloading and buy all my reloading supplies at Trop because they always have what I need in stock and at resonable prices. I would say that there firearms are fair prices maybe a little salty compared to shydas. Did buy a Beretta 391 from them for a good price. The guys behind the long guns counters are always reallly nice and helpful.

The younger guy is always really helpful carries a bitone kar I believe, never had one problem with him but avery and the older fella behind the counter can be a little grumpy.

Thumbs down Re: The Trop Gun Shop - Elizabethtown

Ok leaning back to my original rant. From one of my previous posts I had mentioned I took in an Enfield MkIII to have the headspace checked. That's it. I'm not expert (or I would've done it myself) but honestly how long can it take? Two weeks later I call and am told by the gunsmith that he "May get to it on Thursday or Friday. I'm trying to get all of the guys that are deer huntin' set up first." Ok, I get it & I can respect that as a hunter. How about mentioning that BEFORE I drop my gun off and BEFORE you tell me it'll probably take a few days. 16 is not a few to me. Major D*ck move.

Thanks for listenting, tip your waitresses. Try the veal. I'll be here all week (waiting for my *@$## Enfield...)

(Lancaster County)

I went in there about 2 weeks ago looking for my first handgun purchase. I went against advice from a friend of mine. I should have taken his advice. I knew what I was looking for but asked the gentleman to show me some and he seemed agitated by me asking to look. It is funny because I was the only one in there. Terrible service and prices are terrible as well. I looked at a used gun in at Trops that was selling for more than a brand new on down the road at Kinsey's.

(Lancaster County)

Bought a Contender there Monday night. The guy i dealt with ??? was a great guy, knew alot about contenders and was very helpful. First time ive gone into Trops and felt like they wanted my buisness. I'll give them a new thumbs up.

(Lancaster County)

I've read a lot of negative about trop. I've never had a problem with them. I've bought a couple of handguns from them and always felt like I was treated fairly. The prices where good. Prices on what I was looking at where better then Kinnsey's. One of my friends just bought a 9mm from them today, got a good price on the gun and was treated fairly on his trade in. The staff was nothing but helpful. I've heard so much bad about them but I just haven't seen it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dodgefolks View Post
    I've read a lot of negative about trop. I've never had a problem with them. I've bought a couple of handguns from them and always felt like I was treated fairly. The prices where good. Prices on what I was looking at where better then Kinnsey's. One of my friends just bought a 9mm from them today, got a good price on the gun and was treated fairly on his trade in. The staff was nothing but helpful. I've heard so much bad about them but I just haven't seen it.
    I think they have gotten better over the last few months. Rarely did I ever feel welcome there. I felt like I was just another customer to them. Lately they have gotten alot better and seem to be much more friendly. I like Kinnseys , ive bought 2 pistols from them and they alway treat me like a valued customer/firearms peer. They are always willing just to BS if not busy, never seem to get that at trops.
    Again the guy I bought the contender from there went out of his way to help me being that im new to contenders. A+ for him.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks TropGuy for the info on submitting customer complaint. I just got done reading this thread before I submitted my complaint email to the owner. It is in regards to what is posted on the sign as of today (Feb. 11, 2009) and what I found out to be confusing and falsly posted. My boyfriend is into guns and he is teaching me alot about them, which I'm very interested in.

Either fix the sign or post on what it is truly about. I was thinking from what the sign states that AR15 223 in stock (223 is in white like the other prices on the board). To make a long story short it is the caliber of some Stouger 9 mm for 329. I was very mad and told the guy in the store today that what is posted on the sign does not state that it is a Stouger 9mm for 329 and AR15 caliber. It reads like it is an AR15 (rifle or pistol) and the WHITE numbers 223, thinking since all other prices on either side of the board is WHITE that the AR15's are $223.

I will not deal with them ever again.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast